ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCN - Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raheem_ehsan
United Kingdom

PCN - Citizenship Application

Post by raheem_ehsan » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:54 pm

Dear All,

I am about to apply for citizen after more than a year since I recieved my ILR.

Meanwhile, very unfortunately, I received 5 in total PCNs on my name. One of them is for parking my motorbike in suspended zone which I paid immediately.

4 others were under my name but I was not riding the motorbikes (different ones but under my name) in question. I had sold the two motorbikes to my friends but they were not transferred to their names immediately since I had not received the full amount for the motorbikes whilst they still had the motorbikes with them all this while and insured under their names. However, they both paid the PCNs on time (For riding the motorbike in bus lane). Another concern is that the PCNs were issued within short period of time.

I transferred the motorbikes to their names recently but much after they have paid for the PCNs. They both used their payment cards to make the payments if it makes any difference.

What would be the best course of action in this case.

1) Should I mention about all the PCNs in the application form and the cover letter?
2) Should I mention about offences caused by my friends? and get them to write a letter confirming this for me?
3) Shall I explain the whole situation in the cover letter?

I would appreciate your help in this regard. Let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks a lot!

Raheem

raheem_ehsan
United Kingdom

Re: PCN - Citizenship Application

Post by raheem_ehsan » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:34 pm

Hi experts,

Please help me with this query.

Thanks and regards

Raheem

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:34 pm
Hi experts,

Please help me with this query.

Thanks and regards

Raheem
No need to declare PCN's.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

raheem_ehsan
United Kingdom

Post by raheem_ehsan » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:23 am

Hi TickTack,

Thank you so much for your response.
It is good to know that it won't have an affect on my application at worst. I will mildly mention about it in the cover letter and leave the details out just in case. I hope this would not be an issue.

Have a good day!

Best regards

Raheem

raheem_ehsan
United Kingdom

Post by raheem_ehsan » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for another question and I desperately await your response, please.

My application appointment is on the 15th March, I would really appreciate your quick help!

After I had received my ILR in 2021, since September last year (2022) I have also been self employed and I am afraid that I haven't managed to register with HMRC so far.

1) How crucial is it that I register with HMRC and pay the taxes since September last year before I attend the UKVCAS appointment?
2) Should I have mentioned in the application that I am employed and self employed at the same time? Should I mention that in the cover letter?

Thanks and regards

Raheem

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:05 am

No need to mention PCN, I had few when I applied, never mentioned, so ignore it
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:55 pm
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for another question and I desperately await your response, please.

My application appointment is on the 15th March, I would really appreciate your quick help!

After I had received my ILR in 2021, since September last year (2022) I have also been self employed and I am afraid that I haven't managed to register with HMRC so far.

1) How crucial is it that I register with HMRC and pay the taxes since September last year before I attend the UKVCAS appointment? It would be nice to show that you're law abiding.
2) Should I have mentioned in the application that I am employed and self employed at the same time? Should I mention that in the cover letter? Employment isn't a requirement for citizenship.

Thanks and regards

Raheem
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

raheem_ehsan
United Kingdom

Post by raheem_ehsan » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:33 am

I sincerely thank you c4551m and Ticktack!

I will ignore and not mention anything related to PCNs.

I will get in touch with HMRC and try to sort out the taxes today if possible. Technically, I am obliged to pay the taxes by end of this year I believe, am I correct, please?

The only reason I thought I should mention about my self-employment in the cover letter as there were questions related to my eployment and I chose to mention my full-time employment only in the application form.

Thanks again!

Kind regards

Raheem