ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application: NI resident, what happens after DAT1 / PSNI clearance?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lilberto
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application: NI resident, what happens after DAT1 / PSNI clearance?

Post by lilberto » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Hi all,

Tried searching the forum for prior answers but no such luck.

I received an acknowledgement letter from Tipp for my citizenship application, and they requested a PSNI police clearance certificate (DAT1) as I'm resident in Northern Ireland. I've obtained this and sent it on. Does anyone know if this is like-for-like with the eVetting process for the majority of applicants in ROI?

Linked to the above, does anyone know what the next step in the citizenship process is for those NI residents?

Thanks in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Application: NI resident, what happens after DAT1 / PSNI clearance?

Post by meself2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:52 pm

lilberto wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:39 pm
and they requested a PSNI police clearance certificate (DAT1) as I'm resident in Northern Ireland. I've obtained this and sent it on. Does anyone know if this is like-for-like with the eVetting process for the majority of applicants in ROI?
I'd say so; some Irish residents were asked to both go through eVetting and get a certificate of police clearance from their home country. NI folks who gone through this will clarify further.
lilberto wrote:
Linked to the above, does anyone know what the next step in the citizenship process is for those NI residents?
This is a mystery to us all. Most likely, approval is next, but eVetting/police crearance is not a guarantee they're satisfied with your application (see post2102889.html#p2102889).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

inno_prd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Application: NI resident, what happens after DAT1 / PSNI clearance?

Post by inno_prd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:27 am

How long the does the DAT1 form takes to process ,in another words how long did it take the get the letter /certificate or clearance from PSNI plz help I'm in the same boat . Cheers

inno_prd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by inno_prd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:28 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:52 pm
lilberto wrote:
and they requested a PSNI police clearance certificate (DAT1) as I'm resident in Northern Ireland. I've obtained this and sent it on. Does anyone know if this is like-for-like with the eVetting process for the majority of applicants in ROI?
I'd say so; some Irish residents were asked to both go through eVetting and get a certificate of police clearance from their home country. NI folks who gone through this will clarify further.
lilberto wrote:
This is a mystery to us all. Most likely, approval is next, but eVetting/police crearance is not a guarantee they're satisfied with your application (see post2102889.html#p2102889).
How long the does the DAT1 form takes to process ,in another words how long did it take the get the letter /certificate or clearance from PSNI plz help I'm in the same boat . Cheers

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:12 am

inno_prd wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:27 am
It took less than a week (I think more like 2 days) after requesting my certificate to receive it in the post from PSNI when I applied a month or 2 ago

lilberto
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lilberto » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:38 pm

inno_prd wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:27 am
Same as nisi, I applied for the DAT1 form and received it via post in less than a week. I was initially concerned as it states it can take up to 1-2 months if I remember correctly.

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Mon May 22, 2023 7:04 pm

Sorry for jumping in here, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. I also live in NI. I applied for Naturalisation in May 22 and included the DAT1 with my application. However, I received an e-vetting email today! I'm confused, since they are aware that I live in NI and wonder why I got the e-vetting email. What do I do? I can't fill the e-vetting in since there are no records held for me in the State. The whole thing seems to lack clear info for NI applicants. Any advice please?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:10 pm

Geor wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:04 pm
I can't fill the e-vetting in since there are no records held for me in the State.
What exactly do you lack to fill out the form? If there's nothing found about you during vetting, that's what would be given - a response saying no convictions.

You can try to clarify this by emailing citizenshipvetting@justice.ie - possibly they changed the procedure.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Mon May 22, 2023 7:58 pm

Cheers meself.

Well, the e-vetting form starts off asking for a Person ID and Assigned team. Neither of these apply to me as I don't even know what they are. Then at the bottom it gives the country as "Ireland" with no option for NI, so I'm indeed wondering if the e-vetting form is even for me! Given that it will inevitably comeback as a no-show since I've never lived in the State, it would be a waste of everyone's time.
I can't even enter the Person ID field as N/A because it then flags up that I have to provide my Person ID number in the format 123456-99!

I would just like some feedback from someone in the same situation who has faced this issue. It doesn't look like I can progress with the form as it stands.

I appreciate the email address and I shall fire a message off now.... although goodness knows when I'll get a response!

Thanks again.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:06 pm

Hopefully you'll be able to get sorted! Most likely it's an oversight of an eVetting team.
Geor wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:58 pm
goodness knows when I'll get a response!
That's not the main email, so they shouldn't take extremely long to reply.
Geor wrote:
I would just like some feedback from someone in the same situation who has faced this issue.
The way they're doing it now (asking for eVetting consent online) is extremely new (started on this ceremony), so you're, most likely, the first one to encounter that. Share your experience for someone in your position!

For future reference (and if they will make you fill out the form):
Geor wrote:
Well, the e-vetting form starts off asking for a Person ID and Assigned team. Neither of these apply to me as I don't even know what they are.
These could be found at the top of your citizenship acknowledgement letter, right corner:

Assigned team should be mentioned in the vetting email.

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Mon May 22, 2023 8:23 pm

Thank you meself. That information is indeed where you say! I feel so stupid. I can indeed now fill the e-vetting form out, albeit that it does feel like a waste of their time. I have just fired an email off so will sit on it for a few days and give them time to respond. I am also in the process of getting a fresh DAT1 application organised with the PSNI. I may as well start the ball roilling on that as well just in case they come back and say that I need it instead/as well.

I will of course report back once I get an answer from the citizenshipvetting email.

Thanks again.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 23, 2023 2:45 pm

Another user reported a quick response from citizenshipvetting email - post2116203.html#p2116203

Shouldn't be a long wait (unless they're deciding on internal procedures or something).

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Wed May 31, 2023 9:59 am

UPDATE: Following my query email to citizenshipvetting on 22nd May. I received a reply this morning: ...

"Thank you for your email below. If you never resided in the South you do not need to complete the garda vetting, the PSNI report will suffice".

I submittted my initial Garda vetting invitation in any case.
Given that I submitted my PSNI report with my application last year, I have also requested a new, up to date DAT1 and will send that off once I receive it.

I will report back with any developments. Thanks again for your help, especially meself2.

lilberto
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lilberto » Wed May 31, 2023 6:28 pm

Geor wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:59 am
UPDATE: Following my query email to citizenshipvetting on 22nd May. I received a reply this morning: ...

"Thank you for your email below. If you never resided in the South you do not need to complete the garda vetting, the PSNI report will suffice".

I submittted my initial Garda vetting invitation in any case.
Given that I submitted my PSNI report with my application last year, I have also requested a new, up to date DAT1 and will send that off once I receive it.

I will report back with any developments. Thanks again for your help, especially meself2.
As an NI resident that's a little further behind in the citizenship application process, really appreciate you coming back here to share your updates. Thank you :)

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:55 am

As an additional update, I also emailed citizenshipinfo@justice.ie and explained to them that I had received the e-vetting invitation (as presumably they themselves would have sent it) and asked what they wanted me to do. I have now received a reply from them:

"Thank you for your email. This email (e-vetting invitation) was issued in error".

cn_ie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cn_ie » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:05 am

My spouse has been asked to submit a criminal reference check for the UK, which I assume from here means submitting a DAT1.

When completing the form, under "Section 2: Personal Data Sought", does one need to select both A (PSNI personal data) and B (Police national computer data for England, Scotland and Wales), to cover the entire UK, or will A alone suffice? My spouse has only lived in NI.

Thanks for any guidance.

lilberto
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lilberto » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:18 am

cn_ie wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:05 am
My spouse has been asked to submit a criminal reference check for the UK, which I assume from here means submitting a DAT1.

When completing the form, under "Section 2: Personal Data Sought", does one need to select both A (PSNI personal data) and B (Police national computer data for England, Scotland and Wales), to cover the entire UK, or will A alone suffice? My spouse has only lived in NI.

Thanks for any guidance.
Hi cn_ie, Section A is sufficient, no requirement for B.

cn_ie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cn_ie » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:46 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

chriswickstead
European Union

Post by chriswickstead » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:35 pm

My wife applied last year (we live in NI), application recognised in Sep. Got e-vetting invitation about a month which we filled in and had no movement on since.

When we originally applied there was nothing on the form about sending in a DAT1 form from PSNI (and haven't had any correspondence received from INIS asking for one).

My wife has never lived in the South so a garda check will show nothing, and possibly even when they eventually get to it they will see an NI address and reject it at that point?

Any advice on just letting this all run its course versus pro-actively requesting a DAT1 and sending it to INIS now off our own bat?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:03 pm

chriswickstead wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:35 pm
My wife applied last year (we live in NI), application recognised in Sep. Got e-vetting invitation about a month which we filled in and had no movement on since.

When we originally applied there was nothing on the form about sending in a DAT1 form from PSNI (and haven't had any correspondence received from INIS asking for one).

My wife has never lived in the South so a garda check will show nothing, and possibly even when they eventually get to it they will see an NI address and reject it at that point?

Any advice on just letting this all run its course versus pro-actively requesting a DAT1 and sending it to INIS now off our own bat?
One of the forum members fired an email to citizenship while requesting DAT1 - they replied eVetting was issued in error, see above. I'd advise you to do the same - email them and get NI clearance while waiting to get back to you so you have it at hand.

chriswickstead
European Union

Post by chriswickstead » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:29 pm

Did as you suggested meself2...and thanks as got a really quick reply from them!:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

PLEASE NOTE E-VETTING IS NOT APPLICABLE IF YOU ARE RESIDENT IN NORTHERN IRELAND.

REQUEST A PSNI DAT 1 AND SUBMIT TO OUR OFFICE

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4"

The eVetting invitation which we did submit has not been approved yet. I read elsewhere on this forum that there were 13,000 sent out in one day! Clearly going to take them a while to work there way through that many. Hopefully getting a DAT1 from us will move this along quicker than waiting for that to get looked at and then asked for a DAT1.

I will let you all know what happens as can see there is interest in this from NI applicants.

honda99
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by honda99 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:08 pm

chriswickstead wrote:

My wife also got the invitation for e-vetting and we live in NI, i emailed INIS but got no reply so she submitted the e-vetting on the 10th June and the tracking is showing Application Process Completed on the 24th June. we were worried that if she didn't complete the e-vetting within the expire date that they would cancel her application because they don't seem to be the most competent of people working there.

She also got a DAT1 which she sent to them last week. My wife applied for citizenship in April 22 due to living in NI for 3 years with her Irish spouse.

Hopefully we get some good news soon.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:11 pm

honda99 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:08 pm
i emailed INIS but got no reply
What email did you use? if it's the main citizenshipinfo one, it mightn't be as reliable.

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:48 pm

error

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:54 pm

honda99 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:08 pm
chriswickstead wrote:

My wife also got the invitation for e-vetting and we live in NI, i emailed INIS but got no reply so she submitted the e-vetting on the 10th June and the tracking is showing Application Process Completed on the 24th June. we were worried that if she didn't complete the e-vetting within the expire date that they would cancel her application because they don't seem to be the most competent of people working there.

She also got a DAT1 which she sent to them last week. My wife applied for citizenship in April 22 due to living in NI for 3 years with her Irish spouse.

Hopefully we get some good news soon.
Which address did your wife send the DAT1 form to last week, please?