ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family permit

Post by Cc2021 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:04 pm

Hi...My mother in law and father in law living in italy they both have CARTA SOGGIORNO (Permanent residency card). I am a british citizen and we are asked them to come and spend time with our little daughter this easter summer vacation.
My question is do i need to sponsor them to come uk as a standard visiting visa or is there any route to bring them over to UK such as family joining permit or EU Scheme .many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family permit

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:28 am

They can only apply for a visitor visa. There is mother other option for them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Family permit

Post by Cc2021 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:55 am

Ok.thank you

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re visit visa

Post by Cc2021 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:52 pm

They both are currently unemployed in italy (not retired yet) and rented in.receive some allowances from council.They have some fixed deposit in their both bank accounts in home country also property own themself. I am a main sponsor for their entire 2weeks journey in april and willing to spend total cost of journey including accomodation.
My questions are ::
What documents i need to provide? (sponsor side)
What documents applicants required to provide?
Is there any problem with that they being unemployed at the present?

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor visa

Post by Cc2021 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:35 pm

My mother in law and father in law both are currently in italy (permanent resident ).and unemployed (not retired yet) and rented in Receiving some allowances from council.They have some fixed deposit in their both bank accounts in home country also property own themself. I am a main sponsor for their entire 2weeks journey in april and willing to spend total cost of journey including accomodation.
What documents i need to provide? (sponsor side)
What documents applicants required to provide?
Is there any problem with that they being unemployed at the present?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa

Post by Ticktack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:18 pm

Cc2021 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:35 pm
My mother in law and father in law both are currently in italy (permanent resident ).and unemployed (not retired yet) and rented in Receiving some allowances from council.They have some fixed deposit in their both bank accounts in home country also property own themself. I am a main sponsor for their entire 2weeks journey in april and willing to spend total cost of journey including accomodation.
What documents i need to provide? (sponsor side) Immigration status here in the UK, letter of invitation, 6 months statement of account and 6 months payslip, utility bill showing residential address
What documents applicants required to provide?6 months statement of account, documents that allow them stay in Italy, utility bill showing residence, letter from daughter in UK and her immigration status.
Is there any problem with that they being unemployed at the present? Not exactly a problem, but that is for the ECO to decide.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cc2021 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:17 pm

Can they show overseas bank statements/

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 am

Cc2021 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:17 pm
Can they show overseas bank statements/
Not sure what you mean by overseas. If you meant an account in a different country from where they live?
Then yeah, all accounts in their names are valid. Money is money, regardless of what symbol you have in front of it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!