ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Evidence on why going outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uhd4k
New Zealand

ILR: Evidence on why going outside the UK

Post by uhd4k » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 am

Hi,

I am about to apply for my ILR based on Exceptional Talent Tier 1 visa. I do meet the rule of 180 days max outside the country per any rolling 12 months period. My question is: Do I have to provide evidence of WHY I left the country for all the flights I took? Most of my trips outside the country have been for 2 to 6 weeks, with me working remotely for a big chunk of it, and on annual leave for the rest. FYI, I am on a permanent contract.

Thanks for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR: Evidence on why going outside the UK

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:51 am

uhd4k wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 am
Hi,

I am about to apply for my ILR based on Exceptional Talent Tier 1 visa. I do meet the rule of 180 days max outside the country per any rolling 12 months period. My question is: Do I have to provide evidence of WHY I left the country for all the flights I took? Most of my trips outside the country have been for 2 to 6 weeks, with me working remotely for a big chunk of it, and on annual leave for the rest. FYI, I am on a permanent contract.

Thanks for your help.
There is no question in the application about WHY.

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:24 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:51 am
That was my understanding until I read the official document "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK" (link below). In particular, the following sentence: "Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer which sets out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided."

Link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible

Thanks for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:27 pm

uhd4k wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:24 am
AmazonianX wrote:
That was my understanding until I read the official document "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK" (link below). In particular, the following sentence: "Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer which sets out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided."

Thanks for your help.
Letter from employer stating that all absences were approved will suffice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:55 pm

uhd4k wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks for your help.
You did not read the guide properly !! It clearly says in the beginning that your route Global Talent (formerly Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)) is NOT covered by this guide :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:56 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:27 pm
uhd4k wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks for your help.
The OP is applying under the Global Talent visa route :!: There is no employer letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:50 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:56 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:27 pm
uhd4k wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks for your help.
The OP is applying under the Global Talent visa route :!: There is no employer letter
@Zimba, you are correct. Kindly provide OP guidance.

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:18 am

zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:55 pm
You did not read the guide properly !! It clearly says in the beginning that your route Global Talent (formerly Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)) is NOT covered by this guide :!: :!:
I see your point. The absence of 'Global Talent' in the list of routes the guide covers should mean it is (i.e. the guide) not relevant to my case.

Based on all the help, I will proceed without an employer letter or any evidence of WHY I was outside the country.

Many thanks, everyone.