ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa - 2 times refusal. NEED HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Visitor Visa - 2 times refusal. NEED HELP

Post by MAS99 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:35 pm

Dear All,

I need help. I don't know what I am doing wrong. If you know any solicitor or consultant who can help, please let me know.

I have been trying to apply for my mother's visit visa to UK from Pakistan. She is 65 years old housewife. She doesn't have any job. There is property in her name and she collects rents in cash. She has bank account which she has not used for quite long time. She is a normal housewife with no records any criminal history.

1st attempt:
I applied for 6-months standard visa in July 2022. I (her son) was the main sponsor of her visit. I told them that I will be paying for all costs. I also stated that she received around 600K PKR rental income from properties. She will be here only for 1 months to see her son and his family. I attached my bank statement ( more than £10k) and payslips, I also attached her property documents etc. I didn't attach her bank statement as there was noting in it. They refused visa and said:

1 - You have not demonstrated that how you are supported in your country of residence
2 - I note that you have declared no dependents and have indicated that you will be visiting immediate family members in the UK. Furthermore, the documents you have provided do not demonstrate the current circumstances or whereabouts of any remaining family members in your country of residence; nor do they demonstrate personal savings or ownership of land, properties or similar assets. Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have substantial ties outside of the UK that will ensure you leave at the end of your proposed visit.

2nd attempt

This time I provided more documents, I attested all the land documents, plus show that a summary of rental income that was received in cash and get that attested by solicitor as well. I also got these translated as well. I also write a long letter explaining her background, how she is supported in her country of residence and that all of her family is residing in Pakistan. I again attahced my bank statements, payslips etc. They refused :

1 - You state that your son will help you with this visit by providing funding, maintenance and accommodation whilst you are in the United Kingdom, and I am satisfied that he is in a position to do so. But whilst I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK that is only one aspect of the visitor rules. The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your visit.
I note that you have previously been refused a visa on xx/xx/2022 ABDH/ xxxxx. I have considered this application on its own merits and I have taken into account the information you have submitted with this application. However, I am still not satisfied you meet the Immigration Rules.
You have stated that you are unemployed and that you have no income or savings. You also state that you spend PKR 30,000 (£114.3) per month on expenses. The documents provided do not demonstrate your financial circumstances or commitments or how you are supported in your country of residence. I acknowledge that you have provided various land documents. Whilst I have considered that the land documents may show evidence of land sold, they do not show what income, if any, you personally received from it or how many people are reliant upon this land sale for support. I am therefore not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your circumstances and this undermines the credibility of your application.
Given the above, I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and V4.2 (c) of the Immigration Rules.

Now I don't know what else I can provide them to validate these concerns. I am thinking of applying again in few months time via solicitor and if refused again, going to judicial review...

Can any one help ? or have any recommendation ?

Thanks

Ali

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Visitor Visa - 2 times refusal. NEED HELP

Post by THO » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:25 am

That is your only option. Your mother is now very unlikely to be given a visa, since her two refusals, and you seem to be unable to provide any further supporting evidence that she has a strong enough reason to return.

I went through similar with my now wife, despite sending them everything they had refused her for on the first attempt, to prove she would return, it was a no.

You must prove she will return, and how you do that I don't know. Did you send family tree with her other relatives, does she have a husband who she would be leaving behind?

Personally, I think you're unlikely now to get what you want anytime soon, sorry to say. You're best off going to visit her, which is what I ended up doing rather than wasting money on new visa appeals.

However, if you want to take a more aggressive, nothing to lose stance (which I did for a future MVV refused visa for my wife, and it worked, I got decision overturned) then go for a pre action protocol now. Explain you will take the ECO who made the decision to court to explain his unjustifiable refusal and have the decision overturned, unless they can tell you exactly what you have to give them to satisfy them that she will return, which you will then do, and so will expect her visa.

Anything you do will take time though.

THO.