ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed On EU Application...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euscape1
United Kingdom

Help Needed On EU Application...

Post by euscape1 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:57 pm

Hello Great Members,

I am helping out a friend who is a Spanish (Spanish Passport Holder) and lives in Spain.

The partner has Pre- Settled Status as well as their 3 children.

The children still lives in Spain except one who is already here in the UK.

My friend who is the mother used to come to the UK on a short break but now has decided to legalise her stay.

Knowing that the partner already has EU Pre-Settled Status, can anyone please advise how to initiate this application? Any link will be helpful.

Many thanks,

secret.simon

Re: Help Needed On EU Application...

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:42 pm

Are they married or unmarried?

If the former, were they married before 2020?

If the latter, had they lived as durable partners for at least two years before 2020? Do they have proof of such durable partnership pre-dating 2020?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Re: Help Needed On EU Application...

Post by euscape1 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:45 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response.Yes, they have been married before 2020 and also have proof of living together.However, the husband has now relocated to the U.K. while the wife still shuttles between the U.K. and Spain.

Thanks