ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

doubt in my prev earnings and few others...plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ctr
Newly Registered

doubt in my prev earnings and few others...plz help

Post by ctr » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:39 am

hi folks, can you plz clarify this doubt.......i checked with my friends and searched the forums well, but none could get clarification on this. thanks for ur time.

As part of salary CTC, I can reimburse my medical expenses of Rs 10,000 every year. If I claim medical expenses, that amount will be added along with my gross salary without taxing it, else end of year on March, unclaimed amount (out of Rs 10,000) will be added as allowance after taxing it.

Check the below entry from my payslip for mar08. Below amount is part of the gross salary for that month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
BASIC 15,500.00
HRA 9,167.00
CONVEYANCE 5,500.00
LTA 5,500.00
OTHER_ALLOWANCE 6,231.00
MEDICAL_REIMBURSEMENT 1,009.95

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Total Earnings | 42,907.95 |Total Deductions | 2,060.00 |
Net Pay : Rs 40,848.00

I have read in this thread that allowance/reimbursement cannot be considered for PE calculation. I went through pbs guidance (pasted below), check the bullet for allowance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Below red text extract is from the above url link.....

13. Earnings include, but are not limited to:
(e) allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which form part of an applicant's remuneration package,

16. Earnings do not include unearned sources of income, such as:

(a) allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which are paid as reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously paid,

I just want to know whether this allowance(medical allowance, other allowance in our sal) can be included in our calculation or not. Since in the month of march 08 salary...allowance and medical reimbusement amount is part of gross salary, will there be a issue when including that month gross in the calculation.

Some ppl say since it is part of CTC and gross salary, u can include that....some ppl say dont include medi reimbursement and allowance amt.....

Even if i exlcude this allowance amt i am getting eligible, but the calculation and documentation will be complex explaining why that is exlcuded..so it might confuse the case worker.

1. What do you feel abt the above scenario.

Below doubts are different from above

2. This might sound silly, but i couldnt find info on that.....when taking print outs of VAF9 and appendix 1.....should the print out be back to back or it should be on single side on a paper?

3. Do you use folders to group documents or do you keep all the documents in order while giving it to VFS.

4. I am submitting prev earning for this 12 month period 01Dec07-30Nov08. My maintenance period is from 01Sep08-30Nov08.
My doubt is whether I can take single bank statement for 01Dec07-30Nov08, since this covers the maintenace fund period

OR
do i need to take separate bank statements covering prev earnings period and maintenance fund period...

5. I dont get monthly statements, so i am going to get it from the bank as per the visa req. When getting bank statemetns, should i get statements month wise or can i take statements covering the range like 1Dec07-30Nov08.

6. Is there any salary sheet format available for pbs tier. I couldn't find any....I created one on my own and it has these columns...

S.No | Pay Date | Pay Period |Gross Salary | Net Salary | Salary Credited Date | Amount Credited

Do I need to add any other info in the salary sheet.

7. My form 16 doesnt cover this prev earnings period, so i thought of skipping giving form 16 with application........but VFS asks for form 16, should I mention in the cover letter that form 16 shuld not be considered as a prime evidence for prev earnings as it doesnt cover prev period.

----------------------------------end of questions-------------------------
Thanks a lot for your time

republique
BANNED

Re: doubt in my prev earnings and few others...plz help

Post by republique » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:00 am

ctr wrote:hi folks, can you plz clarify this doubt.......i checked with my friends and searched the forums well, but none could get clarification on this. thanks for ur time.

As part of salary CTC, I can reimburse my medical expenses of Rs 10,000 every year. If I claim medical expenses, that amount will be added along with my gross salary without taxing it, else end of year on March, unclaimed amount (out of Rs 10,000) will be added as allowance after taxing it.

Check the below entry from my payslip for mar08. Below amount is part of the gross salary for that month.

BASIC 15,500.00
HRA 9,167.00
CONVEYANCE 5,500.00
LTA 5,500.00
OTHER_ALLOWANCE 6,231.00
MEDICAL_REIMBURSEMENT 1,009.95

|Total Earnings | 42,907.95 |Total Deductions | 2,060.00 |
Net Pay : Rs 40,848.00

I have read in this thread that allowance/reimbursement cannot be considered for PE calculation. I went through pbs guidance (pasted below), check the bullet for allowance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Below red text extract is from the above url link.....

13. Earnings include, but are not limited to:
(e) allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which form part of an applicant's remuneration package,

16. Earnings do not include unearned sources of income, such as:

(a) allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which are paid as reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously paid,

I just want to know whether this allowance(medical allowance, other allowance in our sal) can be included in our calculation or not. Since in the month of march 08 salary...allowance and medical reimbusement amount is part of gross salary, will there be a issue when including that month gross in the calculation.

Some ppl say since it is part of CTC and gross salary, u can include that....some ppl say dont include medi reimbursement and allowance amt.....

Even if i exlcude this allowance amt i am getting eligible, but the calculation and documentation will be complex explaining why that is exlcuded..so it might confuse the case worker.

1. What do you feel abt the above scenario.

Below doubts are different from above

2. This might sound silly, but i couldnt find info on that.....when taking print outs of VAF9 and appendix 1.....should the print out be back to back or it should be on single side on a paper?

3. Do you use folders to group documents or do you keep all the documents in order while giving it to VFS.

4. I am submitting prev earning for this 12 month period 01Dec07-30Nov08. My maintenance period is from 01Sep08-30Nov08.
My doubt is whether I can take single bank statement for 01Dec07-30Nov08, since this covers the maintenace fund period

OR
do i need to take separate bank statements covering prev earnings period and maintenance fund period...

5. I dont get monthly statements, so i am going to get it from the bank as per the visa req. When getting bank statemetns, should i get statements month wise or can i take statements covering the range like 1Dec07-30Nov08.

6. Is there any salary sheet format available for pbs tier. I couldn't find any....I created one on my own and it has these columns...

S.No | Pay Date | Pay Period |Gross Salary | Net Salary | Salary Credited Date | Amount Credited

Do I need to add any other info in the salary sheet.

7. My form 16 doesnt cover this prev earnings period, so i thought of skipping giving form 16 with application........but VFS asks for form 16, should I mention in the cover letter that form 16 shuld not be considered as a prime evidence for prev earnings as it doesnt cover prev period.

----------------------------------end of questions-------------------------
Thanks a lot for your time
This post is ridiculous long and hard to follow.
From the part I read, no your reimbursement of medical expenese is not condidered as income