ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukranian Gf coming to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nuvinplay
Newly Registered

Ukranian Gf coming to ireland

Post by nuvinplay » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:40 am

Hi
My girlfriend is from Ukraine and she wants to come to live with me in ireland. By the way i am from Mauritius but live in ireland since 4 years. We are planning to get maried next year. She needs a visa to come to ireland but she told me the immigration always makes a fuss about giving visa to ukranian. Do you think if she comes to study here she can get a visa for ireland. Also is there anybody in the same situation or is there any ukranian citizens living in ireland who can help me to sort this out.

Thanks a lot

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi nuvinplay,

Under what permission are you resident in Ireland?

nuvinplay
Newly Registered

Hi Benifa

Post by nuvinplay » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi
I am a student here in ireland and will be going back to mauritius when my studies finish because we dnt want to stay here. But in the meantime she wants to come and live with me in ireland for the 8 months left.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:50 pm

I think that she will have to apply for a visit visa, on her own merits. The maximum length of time that she will be allowed to stay is, iirc, 3 months. I don't think she will be allowed to stay longer than the 3 months on a visitors' visa.

nuvinplay
Newly Registered

Post by nuvinplay » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Ok thank you very much.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:22 am

benifa wrote:I think that she will have to apply for a visit visa, on her own merits. The maximum length of time that she will be allowed to stay is, iirc, 3 months. I don't think she will be allowed to stay longer than the 3 months on a visitors' visa.
i am a non visa passport holder. Benifa is right. even tho the irish department of foreign affairs grant your gf a visa. it will only be 3 months. you will have to come up with a very very good excuse to get it extend in GNIB.