ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help retained residence rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Need urgent help retained residence rights

Post by Irfan1648 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:03 pm

Dear sir/madam,

Need some help,

I am U.K. National, married to Eu/U.K. national, she had permanent residence card and eventually U.K. citizenship, have a child together, who is also U.K./eu national .

My mother and father are Non Eu, who came to U.K. on euss family permit in June 2020 and hold pre settled status since 2020.( it was through my wife )

Sadly my father passed away recently, it’s my mother who hold pre setttled status and living in the U.K.

We have decided to divorce, and will be finalising everything ASAP.

We are married for 10 years .

I have contacted Eu settlement scheme advisors and they have given me mixed information, I’m concerned about my morher’s status in the U.K., What will happen to my mother’s status in the U.K. now and when she will apply for settled status after completing 5 years ?

Would she be able to apply under retained residence rights or by the Virtue of her grand son’s Eu nationality? he is 6 year old.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Re: Need urgent help retained residence rights

Post by Irfan1648 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:31 pm

Has any one experienced the similar situation?