ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap between stamps

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

damaosu
Newly Registered
China

Gap between stamps

Post by damaosu » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:30 pm

got the "Year prior to application not continuous" while filling out the calculator, background is:

Stamp1 with old work permit valid until 13/08/2022
new work permit not issued until 02/08/2022 even submitted in April 2022
new Stamp1 application submitted online 10/08/2022 and issued 30/08/2022, so there's a gap of 17 days between 13th and 30th Aug 2022

In this case, Can I apply now and explain it in a cover letter or should I wait until September?
have over 2000 days of residence already so that's not an issue.

Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Gap between stamps

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 pm

Renewing your residence permission only 3 days before expiry is not the best idea. That I am afraid will not be an acceptable explanation. You can always try. Worst case scenario you would simply lose your application fee and there will be no repeal process if you are rejected, but you are always free to apply again.

Having a full year of reckonable residence before the naturalisation application is a legal requirement. In the past there have been few exceptions. Since the start of COVID the minister has been quite lenient due to the fact that it would take longer to renew the applications, but by August 2022 COVID would not be an excuse you can use.

damaosu
Newly Registered
China

Re: Gap between stamps

Post by damaosu » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:36 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 pm
Renewing your residence permission only 3 days before expiry is not the best idea. That I am afraid will not be an acceptable explanation. You can always try. Worst case scenario you would simply lose your application fee and there will be no repeal process if you are rejected, but you are always free to apply again.

Having a full year of reckonable residence before the naturalisation application is a legal requirement. In the past there have been few exceptions. Since the start of COVID the minister has been quite lenient due to the fact that it would take longer to renew the applications, but by August 2022 COVID would not be an excuse you can use.
Thanks! Think it's not my fault or INIS's fault, just bad timing.
to be on the safe side, I'd better wait until September when after getting the new IRP, need a Stamp4 anyways.