ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK experience points-Experts please help, too tricky for me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saurabhd
Newly Registered

UK experience points-Experts please help, too tricky for me

Post by saurabhd » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Dear all,
Please help me with this.

I have been in the UK for the past 12 months with work permit. My earnings are credited in India as rupees and some amount in dollars (again in India) though I work in the UK.

I understand that I need to convert my earnings to pounds and qualify. But my doubt is, will I be able to claim 5 points for UK experience? I have been working in the UK during the complete period.

Guidance says, "successfully scored points for previous earnings and those earnings were made in the United Kingdom;"
The earnings that I will show were made when I was in the United Kingdom, but were credited in India. Am I eligible to claim 5 points for that?

Thank you.

Warm Regards

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm

My strong guess is that this will be accepted as long as these earnings (when converted to GBP) are more than £16,000

saurabhd
Newly Registered

Post by saurabhd » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 am

Thank you. I hope so.

Warm regards

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm

it depends on the country where are you paying your tax. if you are paying tax in Uk then Yes

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Not to discourage but the fact is you cannot claim 5 points for UK experience. It is like you were on deputation to UK and not part of UK in terms of earning.

As per the policy guidance u shud've earned in GBP in UK and should exceed 16K of earnings to qualify for points under UK experience.

As far as I know, HO will now consider ur status as an Indian employee on deputation to UK.

saurabhd
Newly Registered

Post by saurabhd » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Thank you. Then it looks like I would not be able to use these 5 points.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi,

I would like to add my query to this post.

I am planning to apply for the period (Dec 07 to Nov 08).
I have earned my salary for Dec 07 and Jan 08 in UK and the rest in India.
Can I claim 5 points for UK experience or is there a minimum period for which I should have earned in UK to claim UK experience points?

Thanks

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:49 pm

what does ur salary slip show ? how are earnings shown ? dollars and rupees ?

clearly since they are not shown un GBP u cant claim for UK earnings

I am just wondering where are you getting your money for daily expenses ?

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:32 am

Hi,

I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on my query please.

I am planning to apply for the period (Dec 07 to Nov 08.
I have earned my salary for Dec 07 and Jan 08 in UK (in GBP) and the rest in India (in INR.).

Can I claim 5 points for UK experience or is there a minimum period for which I should have earned in UK to claim UK experience points?

Thanks

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi,

The minimum salary earned to get the points for UK exp is £ 16K, so if it is equal to or more then this then yes you can, I am assuming that you would have paid Tax and your NI.

Hope this helps.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 am

Thanks for the reply indian_uk.

In the period Dec 07 - Nov 08 I have earned less than 16k in GBP. But overall I had been in the UK for that whole year (i.e. Jan 2007 to Jan 2008), but i guess the experience counts only for the period that the points are being claimed for, am I right?
And yes I have paid Tax and NI in the UK and i also have the P60 form to prove this.

Thanks again.
indian_uk wrote:Hi,

The minimum salary earned to get the points for UK exp is £ 16K, so if it is equal to or more then this then yes you can, I am assuming that you would have paid Tax and your NI.

Hope this helps.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:53 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for the Tier 1 application by end of this month.
I am claiming the points for UK experience as I was in UK for last 10 months and my gross salary for these period is 29574 GBP. I got my P60 and I not yet filled my tax return, In this case Whether I am eligible for claiming the UK experience or not . Please confirm it.

Regards
Kandasamy