ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about what is actual SET(M) submission date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AWilson83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cash savings declaration for SET(M) visa

Post by AWilson83 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:38 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping some guidance with the financial requirement section of the SET(M) visa for Indefinite Leave to Remain as Spouse of British Citizen.
We're going to meet the financial requirement through cash savings. When asked the source of these savings (our own savings over time, gift from someone etc) how far back do owe need to go when it comes to declaring a gift? I know we need to provide evidence that the cash is ours, in our name and under our control for no less than 6 months prior to the application. If we received a cash gift over a year prior to our application date, and that gift has since formed part of the cash savings we're using in the application, do we need to declare that gift? Or seen as it was given over a year ago, can it just be included as our own savings over time?

Thanks in advance for any help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cash savings declaration for SET(M) visa

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:44 pm

The rules require you to simply provide the bank statements and a declaration of the source of those savings.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AWilson83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Confused about what is actual SET(M) submission date

Post by AWilson83 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

I feel a bit stupid asking this question, because there is probably a very simple answer that for some reason I'm just not seeing, but thank you in advance for (hopefully) not dismissing this as a totally stupid question!

Doing the online application for SET(M) visa. I'm at the declaration stage of the application. I know that once I've gone through the declaration stage I'll come to payment etc. Is it only after I've paid that I can then upload the required documents? If so, what stage is classed as the submission date? Is it once I've paid, or once I've uploaded documents?
I know I can't submit more than 28 days in advance of current visa expiring, so do I have to wait for that date before paying for the application, or can I pay now and start uploading documents before officially submitting the application 28 days before current visa expiring?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused about what is actual SET(M) submission date

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:27 pm

Is it only after I've paid that I can then upload the required documents?
Yes, you will be directed to UKCVAS to book an appointment and upload your documents.
If so, what stage is classed as the submission date? Is it once I've paid, or once I've uploaded documents?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay for the SET(M) application.
I know I can't submit more than 28 days in advance of current visa expiring, so do I have to wait for that date before paying for the application, or can I pay now and start uploading documents before officially submitting the application 28 days before current visa expiring?
Depends what your initial date of arrival in the UK on a spouse visa was (not a 6 month Fiance visa). This is what your qualifying period is based on. You can apply within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence from the date you entered on a spouse visa or if you switched within the UK it is from the date of your FLR(M) approval. It is not necessarily the expiry date of your current visa though this is the latest you can apply.

Your previous posts under a different username (not permitted on the forum) indicates she applied to switch from Tier 5 YMS to FLR(M) in December 2017. You use the date of approval and BRP card as the start of the qualifying period for ILR. So if FLR(M) and BRP were issued with a start date in mid to late December 2017, she could have applied for ILR late last year already.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-do ... l#p1573775
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AWilson83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AWilson83 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:41 pm

Ah! This is very helpful information! I didn't know the application date was no earlier than 28 days prior to the completion of 60 months of FLR as spouse of British citizen.
That makes a lot of sense, as although our initial FLR application was done as priority service on the day, the 2nd application was done in June 2020 and was online as they all were during covid. That meant we didn't get visa approval until October 2020, meaning that latest we can apply for ILR is end of April 2023.
But seen as first approval of FLR was December 2017, 62 months have passed so we can apply immediately?

If I've understood that correctly, I am very glad I asked a seemingly stupid question and super appreciative of your response and advice - thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:43 pm

Your understanding is correct. The delay in the extension application being processed is irrelevant for the purpose of ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AWilson83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AWilson83 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:45 pm

And apologies for posting under a different username from the one I used back in 2017. I tried to reset my password, but the reset email never came through!

Thanks for your help