ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 5

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NF13
Ireland

Form 5

Post by NF13 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:24 pm

Hi,

My partner got a job in the USA and I am following him. Do I need to complete form 5? If I don't will they find out?

I am not sure how long abroad I will be staying. I guess I will have to see how it turned out first over there.

Any advice? After naturalized are we allowed to work/live abroad? Any conditions we have to follow so we do not lose the citizenship?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Form 5

Post by meself2 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:55 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:24 pm
Do I need to complete form 5? If I don't will they find out?
Legally, yes. I, personally, haven't heard of any instance of citizenship being revoked due to not filling the form, but it doesn't mean they can't do that.

You'd have to renew your passport at some point, which (I assume) will happen abroad, so that's one of the ways to find out. Also data from airline carriers and all.
NF13 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:24 pm
After naturalized are we allowed to work/live abroad?
You're not tied to Ireland, when you're naturalized there. Yes, there's future intentions requirement (where you ticked the box saying "Yes I want to live in Ireland") in your application basically), but if you don't just leave the country straight after your ceremony, it's fine; plans change.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.