ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G Spouse Visa Remote work - US

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

km98
Newly Registered
United States of America

Stamp 1G Spouse Visa Remote work - US

Post by km98 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:16 pm

Hello,

My husband is getting transferred to Ireland on a Critical Skills visa. I will be getting a Stamp 1G Spouse visa. I have a fully remote job in the United States. My company is fine with me living and working remotely from Ireland. They are only able to pay me into my US bank account. Is this allowed while being on a Stamp 1G?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 1G Spouse Visa Remote work - US

Post by littlerr » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:48 pm

If you are to be treated as a tax resident in Ireland (as in you live for more than 183 days in Ireland), you must declare your income you received while you live here. Whether the payment is paid into which bank account is irrelevant.

If your US company has a branch here in Ireland, they can hire you as an employee in Ireland.

If they don’t have a branch here, that’s a bit trickier. They will need to hire you as a contractor, but your Stamp 1G does not allow you to setup your own business.

You can enrol in an umbrella scheme, so that you become an employee of that umbrella scheme, and your company basically outsource to that scheme provider. The scheme provider gets a cut of your salary, and you get fully covered as if you are a full-time employee in Ireland.

The additional caveat for that is you must have an Irish bank account and your income needs to go into that account from your umbrella scheme provider. Your company needs to pay into that provider’s bank account, and then the provider pays you. Most providers should be able to arrange for that though.