ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR - M First Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

FLR - M First Extension

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:03 pm

Hi I am applying for my wife's visa extension.
I am a British citizen and my wife is from Pakistan and we have been living together here in the UK. And we have a 1+ year old son (who was born in the UK and is a British National)

When filling in the application I found the following questions confusing

"Is your partner financially responsible for supporting anyone you have not already given details for"

In the application I already mentioned that I am financially responsible for my son.

I also send some money to my my Widowed Mother who lives in Pakistan.

Is this question related to Dependants in the UK , do parents need to be mentioned here?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR - M First Extension

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:01 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:03 pm
Hi I am applying for my wife's visa extension.
I am a British citizen and my wife is from Pakistan and we have been living together here in the UK. And we have a 1+ year old son (who was born in the UK and is a British National)

When filling in the application I found the following questions confusing

"Is your partner financially responsible for supporting anyone you have not already given details for"

In the application I already mentioned that I am financially responsible for my son.

I also send some money to my my Widowed Mother who lives in Pakistan.

Is this question related to Dependants in the UK , do parents need to be mentioned here?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Besides your son, if the support provided to other persons e.g. parents is a regular one, mention it.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:14 am

Thanks Amazonian for your response.

My question is regarding the obligation to the question , when it says "responsible" does it mean legally responsible only? To me supporting parents or siblings is a given in a normal social construct that we adhere to in a society.

Also , if I am supporting my mother, would that mean that I would have to prove additional income and the £18600 threshold will also increase accordingly?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:59 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:14 am
Thanks Amazonian for your response.

My question is regarding the obligation to the question , when it says "responsible" does it mean legally responsible only? To me supporting parents or siblings is a given in a normal social construct that we adhere to in a society.

Also , if I am supporting my mother, would that mean that I would have to prove additional income and the £18600 threshold will also increase accordingly? No