ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to UK for a child who is registered as british whilst overseas.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mushyhuz

Return to UK for a child who is registered as british whilst overseas.

Post by mushyhuz » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:43 pm

Urgent help!

Hi all,

A bit of a conundrum, Whilst on holiday abroad, my child received her certificate of citizenship that was applied by the way of MN1 form over 7 months ago.

How do I get back to the UK now that the BRP is invalid? I'm only here in this country where I'm holidaying for a week, so applying for a CoA or passport is out of question.

Can I travel back showing the BRP which was meant to be valid for 2 more years or would I be stopped before I even climb the flight?

Thank you all.

vinny

Re: Return to UK for a child who is registered as british whilst overseas.

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:06 am

Should be okay to travel with an unexpired BRP.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:26 pm

But I heard its not legal to travel with such a BRP as its turned invalid. would I encounter problems at the border here in UK? more concerning question would be would the airlines/immigration in the country im in officials be able to know that the BRP has turned invalid cause of new citizenship?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:32 pm

mushyhuz wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:26 pm
But I heard its not legal to travel with such a BRP as its turned invalid. would I encounter problems at the border here in UK? more concerning question would be would the airlines/immigration in the country im in officials be able to know that the BRP has turned invalid cause of new citizenship?
Airlines are not UKVI, they won't be able to check in the system if it's valid or not. If card is in date, it's fine.
On the border, if you explain the situation, you should be let in after a bit of a hassle - he's British now, can't be refused entry.

Click the link vinny posted for similar stories from board members.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:33 pm

A British citizen has an absolute right of abode in the UK and cannot be refused entry. Airline staff around the world expect you have an in date visa or residency document, they don’t check Home Office databases, have no access. At the UK border you can explain, show the certificate etc. if necessary.
NB. Please let us know how you got on.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:38 am

what about immigration officials when exiting the overseas country? would they have access?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:05 am

mushyhuz wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:38 am
what about immigration officials when exiting the overseas country? would they have access?
Simply use the foreign passport and brp to exit. They don't have access to ukvi systems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:32 am

Thanks for the reassurance!