ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Longterm resident (10 year routes) - dependent questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dukeh10
Newly Registered
India

ILR Longterm resident (10 year routes) - dependent questions

Post by dukeh10 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:16 am

Hello,

Can you tell me if there is any change in the rule for dependants when the main applicant got ILR in 10 year route?

I arrived in UK in August 2011 with ICT Established staff visa (rules before 2011 April) and got my ILR via 10 year route in 2021.

My Spouse initially arrived same time as me in 2011 but went back to India for more than 6 months for delivery and hence could not apply ILR along with me. They (spouse and child born in India) moved to FLR (M) visa after I got my ILR.

Can they now apply for ILR under 10 year route (10 years including time spend under the ICT dependent visa and FLR(M) visa)?

Is there a possibility for my child to apply ILR under 7 year child immigration rule?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Longterm resident (10 year routes) - dependent questions

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:31 am

Yes. Your spouse applies on their own for ILR under the long residence. Your child is eligible to settle as both parents are then settled. You can use a separate SET(LR) or SET(F) form for the child
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dukeh10
Newly Registered
India

Post by dukeh10 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:24 pm

Does that mean my wife's clock does not get reset when she moved from dependent visa (ICT Established staff's dependent) to FLR (M)?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:03 pm

dukeh10 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:24 pm
Does that mean my wife's clock does not get reset when she moved from dependent visa (ICT Established staff's dependent) to FLR (M)?
All visas count for ILR under the long residence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dukeh10
Newly Registered
India

Post by dukeh10 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:17 pm

Thank you for the reply :)