ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Registration of child as a british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mushyhuz

Delay in Registration of child as a british citizen

Post by mushyhuz » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:42 am

Hi all,

This is a semi rant regarding another issue for my eldest child who was born prior to me receiving my ILR. Once I received my ILR I put in her application (MN1) to register her as a british citizen, this was back in september 2022. I received an invitation to upload her biometrics shortly afterwards and as expected UKVI screwed up. The kept sending me mails saying I hadnt visited a biometrics appointment only for me to contact UKVCAS and UKVI to get a response back saying something in the lines of its an automated email, ignore it.

Now a good 6 months later I first get an email last week with this "There appears to have been a technical issue during your enrolment process which has resulted in your biometric data not integrating onto our system. I have now contacted our partner's at Sopra Steria to resubmit the data, so please do not worry and please disregard the reminder letter that was sent to you. If we require anything further from you, then either Sopra or ourselves will be in contact."

I didnt think much of it then, but today I received a letter " We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

There is no complex issue :roll: I'm certain of that, but what I'm worried is does this mean that this application is in a state of limbo and could take another 6 months as it might be returned to the bottom of the pile? Is there anything I should or can do to get them to sort this out ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Delay in Registration of child as a british citizen

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:06 am

The latest mail appears to be sent automatically to applicants when the 6month service timeline is not met.
You may receive the outcome soon after 6months or later.
Unfortunately there is no step you can take to make it faster since you were updated of delay.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:50 am

So you think its independent of whats actually happened? i.e the biometrics that havent taken up. Have you heard of instances where its taken years for children to get registered?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:35 pm

mushyhuz wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:50 am
So you think its independent of whats actually happened? i.e the biometrics that havent taken up. Have you heard of instances where its taken years for children to get registered?
The forum is replete with time lines and reports of delays.