ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and Passport for EU Settled Status Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Citizenship and Passport for EU Settled Status Child

Post by Archer1 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:10 pm

Hello every one,
My niece who is under 18 has got settled status same as his father (Family moved from Spain few years back). Now we are looking to register her as a British citizen . I have no idea what the step will be either we have to apply for naturalisation or simply get her registered and that’s the case what we will be in need of in terms of documentation and what application we have to fill in please? Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
_A
__A

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship and Passport for EU Settled Status Child

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:43 pm

Child would have to be registered - form MN1 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance
What status has the mother? Does child have Settled Status?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:43 pm
Child would have to be registered - form MN1 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance
What status has the mother? Does child have Settled Status?
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to us mate, mother is on Pre-settled status while dad has got settled status , I mean he has had got that ILR stuff but kept his Spanish Passport. And Also Child has got Settled status same like her dad, please.

Regards,
__A
__A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:57 am

A child born abroad can register as British when either parent is also applying for citizenship and the other parent has settled status

How old exactly is the child and how long have they lived in the uk?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:57 am
A child born abroad can register as British when either parent is also applying for citizenship and the other parent has settled status

How old exactly is the child and how long have they lived in the uk?
Hi CR001,
Thanks for you reply, she is 13 years old and she is in UK for about am 3 to 4 years. Mother hasn’t got settled status but her father has got Permanent residence which is like ILR, if I am not mistaken.
Regards,
__A
__A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:59 pm

For children born abroad, they can only apply for citizenship when either parent is applying or is already british AND the other parent holds settled status. They will have to wait unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:17 pm

Hi,
We were checking and found she came here in the UK on 28/02/2018. Means 5 years ago plus both her father and she has settled status in the UK.
Regards,
__A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:59 pm
For children born abroad, they can only apply for citizenship when either parent is applying or is already british AND the other parent holds settled status. They will have to wait unfortunately.
Please read what I have stated about the other parent needing settled status. It is an "and", not an "or".
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:59 pm
Please read what I have stated about the other parent needing settled status. It is an "and", not an "or".
Ok cheers am clear now.Thank you.
__A