ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn's first UK passport from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shan_7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Newborn's first UK passport from India

Post by shan_7 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:13 pm

Hello All,

I just would like to ask a couple of questions with regard to my Newborn son's British Passport, please be kind enough to advise on this,

1. I am (Father) British Citizen by Naturalization (2019) Holding a British passport, and the Baby's Mother is on an FLR-M visa. I believe I can Apply for the child's first British Passport directly from India, Correct me if am wrong.

2. Childs UK passport from India will take between 6-12 months, is it a good decision to apply for COE to ROA to speed up the process? ( My wife is on an FLR-M visa, so concerned about her long absence from the UK) please provide a timeline if anyone applied.

3. If we go ahead with COE/ ROA do need to apply for Child's Indian passport and surrender it in the UK before we apply for a British passport in the UK

4. Is there any Priority / Fast track service for a British passport from India?

Thank you so much, Much appreciated your help.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Newborn's first UK passport from India

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:56 am

shan_7 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:13 pm
Hello All,

I just would like to ask a couple of questions with regard to my Newborn son's British Passport, please be kind enough to advise on this,

1. I am (Father) British Citizen by Naturalization (2019) Holding a British passport, and the Baby's Mother is on an FLR-M visa. I believe I can Apply for the child's first British Passport directly from India, Correct me if am wrong.Yes passport directly.

2. Childs UK passport from India will take between 6-12 months, is it a good decision to apply for COE to ROA to speed up the process? ( My wife is on an FLR-M visa, so concerned about her long absence from the UK) please provide a timeline if anyone applied.

3. If we go ahead with COE/ ROA do need to apply for Child's Indian passport and surrender it in the UK before we apply for a British passport in the UK The sticker has to be affixed on a passport. So child would need Indian passport first.

4. Is there any Priority / Fast track service for a British passport from India?

Thank you so much, Much appreciated your help.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:01 am

You cannot apply for a British passport AND the CoE. It is one or the other.
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shan_7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shan_7 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:00 pm

Thank you Both,

just to confirm, below is the right form for a British Passport from overseas, seems a bit older version

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rm_010.pdf

Thank you
Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:40 pm

You should apply online here:
https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/fil ... okies=true
You will get instructions for sending documents when you have completed and submitted the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shan_7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shan_7 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:02 pm

Thank you All,

shan_7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shan_7 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:20 am

Hi All,

Just a quick question, with Regard to the Countersignature section ( Applying from India)

1. Would it be acceptable if me to get it counter signature here in the UK, with the British passport holder, and send that document ( Section 10 and sign on the Applicant's photo) to India, or it has to be someone from India only?

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:19 am

shan_7 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:20 am
Hi All,

Just a quick question, with Regard to the Countersignature section ( Applying from India)

1. Would it be acceptable if me to get it counter signature here in the UK, with the British passport holder, and send that document ( Section 10 and sign on the Applicant's photo) to India, or it has to be someone from India only?

Thank you
The general rule is that. Whoever signs for you should know the child. Difficult to prove that when referee and child live in different countries.

However, the HO aren't really fussy about child applications. So you can give it a go. Worse case, they'd tell you to send another referee, if that isn't acceptable.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

shan_7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shan_7 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 am

Thank you