ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application for Spouse of a British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MNB_26
India

Naturalization Application for Spouse of a British citizen

Post by MNB_26 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:04 pm

Hello Guys,

I have a small query with regards to my wife's Naturalization Application as I(husband) got BC via Tier-1 General 6 years ago and my wife got ILR in 2021 from Tier-1 Dependant Visa.
My question is for my wife's Naturalisation application do we need to apply under 5 Years + I Year ILR OR Spouse of a British Citizen please?

Thanks
MNB

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization Application for Spouse of a British citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:28 pm

There's only one route to citizenship which is ILR (irrespective of visa route).
Your wife could have applied last year as spouse of British citizen - so she can apply now ("3 year route")if she satisfies all the requirements, such as absences, being physically in the UK 3 years back from the application date, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.