ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to travel, while applying for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ignatius
Newly Registered

Need to travel, while applying for ILR

Post by ignatius » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi all

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am on a spouse visa (to live and work in the UK) which runs out at the end of January 09. My spouse is an EEA National and I am a Non-EEA National.

Apperently I can only make my application 28 days before the visa expires. However, I need to travel for my brother's wedding in March 09.

I spoke to a lawyer recently who says my only option is to travel home and apply for Entry Clearance then return and apply for the ILR after travelling to the wedding in March. Obviously this will cost alot of money and I will also need to take 2 weeks unpaid leave from work.

It appears from reading other posts on this forum that I might be able to ask them to return my passport while the application is being considered? If this is possible, how do I prove a right to return to the UK when returning from the wedding?

Or is there some way of getting an application done as a priority etc?

(I tried calling them on 0870 606 7766, but it just rang for 20 mins...)

Thanks for any advice :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Is ur spouse a British Citizen (or Irish)? just wondering y ur not on EEA immigration route...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ignatius
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Wanderer wrote:Is ur spouse a British Citizen (or Irish)? just wondering y ur not on EEA immigration route...
Hi there,

No, she is Portuguese. I believe it would have been much easier had she been British?

I've been reading posts on this forum and I am getting the impression I will be able to submit an EEA4 in January then call and request our passports back to travel. Or even submit a copy of the original passports instead?

Any thoughts ?