ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker dependent: early submitting

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Skilled worker dependent: early submitting

Post by Partoegypt » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife is applying to join me in the UK as a skilled worker dependent (Tier 2 dependent) and we are planning for her to come to the UK around mid of September this year. We are applying now which is too early because we've heard that the waiting time now could be around 4 months and I prefer to get everything sorted in advance. I have two questions:

1- In the application, we said she is planning to travel to the UK on the 09th of September 2023, for any reason if the visa got issued early e.g., next month, will it be valid from next month and for 90 days (which will be problematic) or from the date we said she will travel on?

2- If she joins me this September, her visa/BRP will expire on the 11th of May 2025 as this is the expiry date of my visa, now I am paying her IHS as part of her application, shall I pay for two years because she is coming to the UK from the 09th of Sep 2023 and until the 11th of May 2025 (which is 1 year and 8 months) or shall I pay 2 years and a half considering that am submitting the application now so the case worker needs to see IHS that covers the period between submitting the application and the expiry date of her visa?

Thanks in advance for your response :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker dependent: early submitting

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 pm

Partoegypt wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pm
Hi everyone,

My wife is applying to join me in the UK as a skilled worker dependent (Tier 2 dependent) and we are planning for her to come to the UK around mid of September this year. We are applying now which is too early because we've heard that the waiting time now could be around 4 months and I prefer to get everything sorted in advance. I have two questions:

1- In the application, we said she is planning to travel to the UK on the 09th of September 2023, for any reason if the visa got issued early e.g., next month, will it be valid from next month and for 90 days (which will be problematic) or from the date we said she will travel on? If you have indicated a particular date, the visa either is issued and dated to start at time of issuance or close to the date you indicated.
stand to be corrected, application should not be made more than 3months before date of intended travel

2- If she joins me this September, her visa/BRP will expire on the 11th of May 2025 as this is the expiry date of my visa, now I am paying her IHS as part of her application, shall I pay for two years because she is coming to the UK from the 09th of Sep 2023 and until the 11th of May 2025 (which is 1 year and 8 months) or shall I pay 2 years and a half considering that am submitting the application now so the case worker needs to see IHS that covers the period between submitting the application and the expiry date of her visa?

Thanks in advance for your response :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:51 pm

because we've heard that the waiting time now could be around 4 months
It does not take around 4 months. Don't believe everything you hear. It takes around 4 to 6 months for a different visa category, not PBS Dependents.
1- In the application, we said she is planning to travel to the UK on the 09th of September 2023, for any reason if the visa got issued early e.g., next month, will it be valid from next month and for 90 days (which will be problematic) or from the date we said she will travel on?
You cannot apply for a visa more than 90 days in advance of the intended travel date. Applying now would not a good idea as there are costs involved in getting new 90 day visa vignettes etc.
The visa length (fee) and IHS is based on your CoS and the length of your visa. You cannot choose to pay a different amount. The online form will tell you how much to pay based on your CoS and visa details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:51 pm
because we've heard that the waiting time now could be around 4 months
It does not take around 4 months. Don't believe everything you hear. It takes around 4 to 6 months for a different visa category, not PBS Dependents.
You cannot apply for a visa more than 90 days in advance of the intended travel date. Applying now would not a good idea as there are costs involved in getting new 90 day visa vignettes etc. Thank you CR001
The visa length (fee) and IHS is based on your CoS and the length of your visa. You cannot choose to pay a different amount. The online form will tell you how much to pay based on your CoS and visa details.

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:42 pm

Thanks CR001 & AmazonianX for your fast response and support.

Have a nice day.