ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stuwarwick
Newly Registered
England

Employer letter query

Post by stuwarwick » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:47 pm

Hello

I am currently completing my wife's spouse visa which is up for renewal shortly - FLR(m). I am her sponsor.

I work for a large employer and they've given me their 'standard' reference letter for the visa. It confirms:
  • My start date (5 years ago)
    My salary (£55k)
    My role title
    My NI number
    I'm full-time and permanent
They've addressed the letter to the Home Office and it is signed.

The letter doesn't say anything about payslips (mine are issued electronically) and it doesn't say how long I've been on my current salary. Does this matter? Will it adversely impact the visa application?

My employment is Category A if that makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Employer letter query

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:04 am

stuwarwick wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:47 pm
Hello

I am currently completing my wife's spouse visa which is up for renewal shortly - FLR(m). I am her sponsor.

I work for a large employer and they've given me their 'standard' reference letter for the visa. It confirms:
    My salary (£55k)
    My role title
    My NI number

The letter doesn't say anything about payslips (mine are issued electronically) and it doesn't say how long I've been on my current salary. Does this matter? Will it adversely impact the visa application? Can not outrightly say the impact however HO made their requirements on what the letter should state. You may approach your organisation to amend.

Read below on what HO expects.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 am

stuwarwick wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:47 pm
Hello

My salary (£55k)
    My role title
    My NI number

The letter doesn't say anything about payslips (mine are issued electronically) and it doesn't say how long I've been on my current salary. Does this matter? Will it adversely impact the visa application?

The requirement is that you earn £18,600. So, add your initial employment letter. That would show what you were earning from scratch. Possibly add your letter of recent increment, that would show when current salary started.
Payslips are largely electronic. Letter from HR doesn't need to say anything about them.

These issues have no impact on your spouse application. Provided that your last 6 months wages meets the said requirements.

It's never that deep. Sometimes you need to improvise.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

stuwarwick
Newly Registered
England

Post by stuwarwick » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:11 pm

Hello

Do I need to upload my wife's expired passport? She received her new passport in October 2021 (her visa was valid from July 2020).

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm

stuwarwick wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:11 pm
Hello

Do I need to upload my wife's expired passport? She received her new passport in October 2021 (her visa was valid from July 2020).

Thank you.
Upload ones that contain relevant UK immigration history