ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying ILR for daughter and not wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happypie

applying ILR for daughter and not wife

Post by happypie » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:24 am

I am on ILR and eligible for citizenship as well.
My wife and daughter are eligible for ILR and currently on Tier 2 general dependent visa.
Due to financial and personal constrants I want to apply for ILR just for my daughter. Is it possible? Or do both of them need to apply together? If applying for daughter alone, do I submit some kind of letter explaining why I am not applying for wife now?

Please guide, thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: applying ILR for daughter and not wife

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:44 am

Assuming your daughter was born outside the UK, she will not be able to settle unless her mother also settles. Children do NOT have a min residency requirement and they settle when both parents settle. Your child will follow the immigration path of her mother and can only settle with/after her. I suggest doing the opposite: applying for your wife's ILR first and then applying for your daughter's ILR later when you are in a better position.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice