ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents visa after main gets ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Consent

Post by Sv2018 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:53 pm

Had a question on the consent section in the ILR application (main applicant + dependents) Set o

“Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people” opted for “No” assuming this is for anyone else other than the applicant (ie main and the dependent spouse)?
Is this the correct selection ?

However, cohabitation proof does include joint acc statements, utility bills etc.

What to do if this has already been submitted with the above answer

Thanks

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: consent form

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:25 am

Anyone ?

In other words, if spouse is included in the ILR application with the main applicant.
Question 1. Does he/she count as the applicant or other person in the context of the consent to verify the information in the ILR application if submitting the joint account statements, utility bills, council tax etc for cohabitation proof.

Options
#1. Main applicant (primary applicant) and dependent spouse (secondary applicant) sign part 1 of the consent form
(Considering they both are applicants for the purpose of the ILR with separate URN but submitted in the single application)

Or
2. Main signs part 1 and spouse signs Part 2 of the consent form
Considering only main applicant count as the primary applicant even though it includes spouse in the application

Question 2. If option 2 is correct, “ s the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people” answer No needs to be corrected by way of a covering letter now that the application has been submitted

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependents visa after main gets ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm

You should answer yes to that question. The applicant signs part ONE and their partner signs part TWO
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 pm

Massive thanks Zimba,

Cannot change the answer now that the application has been submitted but will sign the consent forms part 1 and part 2.
Will a clarification letter help. I am just concerned?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:24 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 pm
Massive thanks Zimba,

Cannot change the answer now that the application has been submitted but will sign the consent forms part 1 and part 2.
Will a clarification letter help. I am just concerned?
You can include a cover note or letter to clarify.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:53 am

Thanks AmazonianX

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Consent form

Post by Sv2018 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:13 pm

Hi folks,

I have a query regarding consent forms (Part 1,2 and 3)

Child applying with both parents for ILR in the single application.
The checklist generated only asks for consent from the lead applicant.

My queries:
Question 1. To be on safer side, should I attached a separate consent form for the child.
Question 2. If yes, which part of the consent for
is applicable
Part 1 signed by both parents on behalf of the child
Part 2 Not applicable
Part 3 Not applicable ? As it asking if financial support by a third party, no third party here but parents will support?

Any help with folks in similar situation will be very helpful.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:43 pm

You simply sign on behalf of the child only part 1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:31 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Very helpful.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

UKVCAS

Post by Sv2018 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:05 pm

Hi all,

Set O skilled worker route for ILR application
( main + dependents (spouse + child))
In the process of uploading the supporting documents to UKVCAS.
Can I please check here if documents uploaded are satisfactory. I am aware the checklist is generated after the application submission but as read through previous comments it is generic, hence do not want to rely too much on it.

Submitting:

LEAD APPLICANT
Under Mandatory Documents
1. Proof of application-
- declaration/consent form
- passport full pages
-current BRP

Under optional
2. Other- blank
3. Residence in the UK- blank
4. Finance
Last 3 months payslips and corresponding bank statements
5. Proof of business- blank
6. Life events-blank
7. Medical information-blank
8. Sponsors/Employment
-Sponsor letter from current employer confirming salary above SOC code, would like to employ for the foreseeable future and absence details dated within 31 days of application submission date
- Sponsor letter from the previous employer confirming start- end date of employment and absence details dated 2021 (when the employment ended).
9. Proof of identity/Travel history-blank
10. Educational
-UK NARIC statements from 2017 (AQUALS and ELPS)
-Degree certificate
-life in UK pass notification email

Questions
1. Have I missed anything
2. The previous employer has bee. overtaken by other company hence the organisation has been striked off from the UK company house register (but still see under the approved sponsor list) Do I need to provide any additional proofs for my employment history (like P60)

I will draft a separate question for my dependents documents which I uploaded.

Thank you so much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:37 pm

1. Cohabitaion evidence for your dependnat ?
2. No need to provide anything

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:13 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Yes attaching cohabitation proofs for the last 2 years from 3 different sources (joint names) under my spouse documents list in UKVCAS.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

File naming convention

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:16 am

Hi folks,
Need insights into the file name accepted by UKVI through UKVCAS (I only looked into the file name instruction/guidance now after I submitted through UKVCAS. Such a silly mistake.

Question1: Are spaces and _ (underscore) allowed in the file name?
Question 2: Also files with long name accepted by UKVI (~72 characters)

I have already submitted the documents through the portal ( I see these as “ submitted” , it only ring the bells after it. Such a blunder.
Question 2: Can I upload the same set of documents with correct file name, if the above file naming convention (with spaces and _) will not be accepted by the authority before the biometric appointment. Or will it confuse the UKVI

Thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: File naming convention

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:57 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:16 am
Hi folks,
Need insights into the file name accepted by UKVI through UKVCAS (I only looked into the file name instruction/guidance now after I submitted through UKVCAS. Such a silly mistake.

Question1: Are spaces and _ (underscore) allowed in the file name?
Question 2: Also files with long name accepted by UKVI (~72 characters)

I have already submitted the documents through the portal ( I see these as “ submitted” , it only ring the bells after it. Such a blunder.
Question 2: Can I upload the same set of documents with correct file name, if the above file naming convention (with spaces and _) will not be accepted by the authority before the biometric appointment. Or will it confuse the UKVI

Thanks,
As you have looked into the instructions follow it. If what you have done complies leave it, if not and yet to submit the application, remove what was uploaded earlier rename to comply then upload.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:52 pm

Thanks Amazonian,
The train has already left.

The issue is I have already submitted (the 48 hours window closed) with the file names with special characters and then after I realised.

So cannot remove the submitted file.

Question # Can I reupload before the biometric appointment the same set of documents and mention in the description box of the file upload “this has been uploaded in case the files previously submitted do not open” so this will actually be duplicate documents)
Question #Has anyone submitted files with underscores and spaces and still got it accepted by UKVI.

The just want to ensure UKVI receives all my supporting documents. Hence, not sure if they will receive files which has underscores and spaces in the file name.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:52 pm
Thanks Amazonian,
The train has already left. May the train arrive safely

The issue is I have already submitted (the 48 hours window closed) with the file names with special characters and then after I realised.

So cannot remove the submitted file.

Question # Can I reupload before the biometric appointment the same set of documents and mention in the description box of the file upload “this has been uploaded in case the files previously submitted do not open” so this will actually be duplicate documents)
Question #Has anyone submitted files with underscores and spaces and still got it accepted by UKVI.

The just want to ensure UKVI receives all my supporting documents. Hence, not sure if they will receive files which has underscores and spaces in the file name.
Should it not be acceptable I hope against hope that CW contacts you and ask for them when attending to your application

OR prepare such documents and take along to biometrics appointment for UKVCAS personnel to assist in Uploading

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Thanks Amazonian,

The train indeed arrived safely and my ILR has been successful.

To be on safer side reUploaded the supporting documents after 48 hours window but before the biometrics. The UKVCAS submitted everything that was uploaded.

The decision received (on Saturday) within 24 hours after biometrics so quickly even with priority.

Thanks all.
My journey to secure the ILR ends here. Please close this thread. All the best to everyone.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:02 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:40 pm
Thanks Amazonian,

The train indeed arrived safely and my ILR has been successful.

To be on safer side reUploaded the supporting documents after 48 hours window but before the biometrics. The UKVCAS submitted everything that was uploaded.

The decision received (on Saturday) within 24 hours after biometrics so quickly even with priority.

Thanks all.
My journey to secure the ILR ends here. Please close this thread. All the best to everyone.
Congratulations