ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saleh92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Spouse visa

Post by Saleh92 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:41 am

I want to bring my wife to the UK but I do not earn the 18,600 as I only get 14,860 but I also do some overtime too. My wife and I have 2 kids and one of them have British passport and has been living with me in London as my wife is with our youngest son who is only 5 months old. Also I’m in the middle of processing his British passport too. How can I sponsor my wife to come to join me as I do not earn the annual pay of 18,600 is there any other way I can deal with this? We have been married for 3 years and now have 2 children and I keep having to come back and fourths to visit my family in Kenya. Can you advise me on what will be right steps to take going foward?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa

Post by Ticktack » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:13 am

Saleh92 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:41 am
I want to bring my wife to the UK but I do not earn the 18,600 as I only get 14,860 but I also do some overtime too. My wife and I have 2 kids and one of them have British passport and has been living with me in London as my wife is with our youngest son who is only 5 months old. Also I’m in the middle of processing his British passport too. How can I sponsor my wife to come to join me as I do not earn the annual pay of 18,600 is there any other way I can deal with this? We have been married for 3 years and now have 2 children and I keep having to come back and fourths to visit my family in Kenya. Can you advise me on what will be right steps to take going foward?
Not sure there's a way around that. It doesn't matter how many kids you have together. You've have to meet the mandatory financial requirements, and all other requirements like accommodation etc.

You just need to find another job that pays you that much, and work for 6 months before venturing to make the application.

Your application would fail otherwise, and you'd waste a lot of money.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:30 am

Don't you also need a higher than 18.6K income if you have children?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:37 am

THO wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:30 am
Don't you also need a higher than 18.6K income if you have children?
Children are British. One (older child) has a British passport already. Baby is presumably British at birth, and OP is in the process of applying for British passport.

For the process of immigration, this kids don't count in the financial requirement.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:51 am

Are you paid hourly or salaried? Although your annual pay is below £18,600, you can meet this requirement with overtime.