ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What visas are suitable for I or my fiance? PLEASE HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

What visas are suitable for I or my fiance? PLEASE HELP

Post by lukeanddeanna » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:11 am

Hello, my name is Deanna. I am an 18 year old female who holds a United States Citizenship. I am currently finishing my last year in high school. I obviously do not have a degree in anything. I am not individually wealthy but do have people who could co sponsor me in the United Kingdom and Untied States if allowed. Also, I am able to receive a few grand to place in my account if needed.

Now that I have told you about myself I will tell you a bit about my fiance.

My fiance, Luke is a 23 year old male who holds a British Citizenship. He doesn't qualify for any skilled working visas for the United States. He just has his general education just like me. He is the same financially. He has someone who could sponsor him in the United Kingdom and United States.

Our goal is just to be together. We would love to get married and live together. We are trying to find any visa that would suite us. UK or US.

Now with that being said, we have looked everywhere and looked into MANY visas. We first Luke applied for a B-2 tourist visa. This would buy us 6 months in the United States when he would come to visit me. He was denied this visa under section 214(b) [lack of ties to the UK].

Then we were going to do the UK fiance visa. The UK fiance visa is no longer accepting Co Sponsors so we would have to prove Luke could support me. We have been over it and it doesn't look too bright. He just got a job working for O2 [Cellphone company] he will be working 38 hours a week. Also, we found out that they have changed the age requirement from 18 to 21 just recently.

Then, we looked into the newly added UK temporary work visa called the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme. This would have suited us perfectly as we would gain all the points need in this point based system. The only problem is, the United States is not included in the scheme. :shock:

Finally, we looked into the K-1 fiance visa for him to come here and would allow us to get married and then Luke would apply for permanent residency. This visa allows co sponsors. We were going to have my dad co sponsor us but all plans broke apart when finding out he will be in South America in a military base working on planes. He will not be able to get the supporting documents for us.

We don't know where else to go from here...

Is there anything we could apply for, either to buy us time together or to apply for a visa that would allow our lives to begin together without those sad goodbyes. :cry:

We've been through a lot and have hit rock bottom. We need every bit of help as possible.

Thank You so much for taking time to read this and thank you in advance for any advice or possible plans for us.

I will be checking up on this post daily.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or for an easier way to communicate.

E-mail and MSN Messenger

d.c.mcclain@hotmail.com

iChat/AIM

d.c.hayes

Again thank you,

Luke and Deanna

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:04 am

What about a student visa? Might cost a lot but there are no age restrictions. Otherwise, I only suggest marriage and moving to another EU country.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 am

we looked into the newly added UK temporary work visa called the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme. This would have suited us perfectly as we would gain all the points need in this point based system. The only problem is, the United States is not included in the scheme
My understanding is that negotiations are on-going and it is totally possible, but not guaranteed, that the US will get added to the list of Tier 5 YMS countries.

Do accept that the UK is looking for reciprocity here, so the US Government does need to agree that UK citizens can apply to go to the US under a similar scheme.

One reason for the delay might be the change of US administration. Maybe matters might be concluded once we have President Obama, and not just President-Elect Obama?
John

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

Post by lukeanddeanna » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:25 pm

John wrote:
we looked into the newly added UK temporary work visa called the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme. This would have suited us perfectly as we would gain all the points need in this point based system. The only problem is, the United States is not included in the scheme
My understanding is that negotiations are on-going and it is totally possible, but not guaranteed, that the US will get added to the list of Tier 5 YMS countries.

Do accept that the UK is looking for reciprocity here, so the US Government does need to agree that UK citizens can apply to go to the US under a similar scheme.

One reason for the delay might be the change of US administration. Maybe matters might be concluded once we have President Obama, and not just President-Elect Obama?
Thank you for your reply. I totally agree with you. I have been watching the progress and updates on the YMS since the end of October. I heard that in the beginning the United States was ready and willing to sign onto the YMS but they couldn't come to an agreement [I'm thinking it was about them [UK] offering the US such a wonderful long length visa and the US wasn't prepared to offer such a visa with such high numbers of UK citizens coming here through a similar scheme. Sorry if I lost you there. That is what I heard and I completely see what you are saying.

Thank you for giving me some hop on the YMS. Now if only they [US] just hurry their bums up! ha

It's odd how you can't find any official news or information how the US and the YMS are getting on or even a note on the US interacting with the UK over this new visa.

Thank you again.

Deanna and Luke