ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitra_krishna
India

Indefinite Leave to Remain renewal

Post by mitra_krishna » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:16 pm

Dear Forum members,

A friend of mine was arrested 2.5 years ago, but then there was no further action, and nothing happened after. The reason of him being arrested was that the police came to search the house, someone in the house refused to open the door, and the police forced in the house. My friend was sleeping (after his night shift). The police arrested both of them.

He is applying to renew his ILR and was wondering what to fill in as a response to the question on "arrest or charges you are currently on or awaiting trial"...(something like that)

Would you please be able to guide on this matter.

Regards,
KM

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain renewal

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 am

mitra_krishna wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:16 pm
Dear Forum members,

A friend of mine was arrested 2.5 years ago, but then there was no further action, and nothing happened after. The reason of him being arrested was that the police came to search the house, someone in the house refused to open the door, and the police forced in the house. My friend was sleeping (after his night shift). The police arrested both of them.

He is applying to renew his ILR and was wondering what to fill in as a response to the question on "arrest or charges you are currently on or awaiting trial"...(something like that)

Regards,
KM
He is not currently under arrest nor awaiting trial. Yes he was arrested before, this IMHO needs to be declared even though no further action, charges and the circumstances you described above to be put in additional information section or cover note/letter.

mitra_krishna
India

Post by mitra_krishna » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:52 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 am
mitra_krishna wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:16 pm
Dear Forum members,

Regards,
KM
He is not currently under arrest nor awaiting trial. Yes he was arrested before, this IMHO needs to be declared even though no further action, charges and the circumstances you described above to be put in additional information section or cover note/letter.
Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:56 am

He is applying to renew his ILR
Presumably you mean he is applying to renew his BRP card and NOT making a new ILR application???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:25 pm

There is no such thing as renewing ILR. ILR is a permanent status. Renewing the card is NOT renewing ILR status :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mitra_krishna
India

Post by mitra_krishna » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:25 pm
There is no such thing as renewing ILR. ILR is a permanent status. Renewing the card is NOT renewing ILR status :!:
Indeed, he is renewing the card. Any suggestions please? I was waiting for my friend to come back from office.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:05 am

This will have no effect. Declare it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mitra_krishna
India

Post by mitra_krishna » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:49 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:05 am
This will have no effect. Declare it
Thanks a million.