ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my mum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shahno
United Kingdom

Visitor visa for my mum

Post by Shahno » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for a visitor visa for my mum. It's not her 1st time visiting the UK (she came twice before). My question is regarding the financial requirement.

Previously, my step dad was my mum's sponsor and we used his bank statements (for the the 1st time in 2014). The second time we used a statement for his bonds (he had around 4) in the bank (for her second visa in 2016).

Now my step dad passed away in 2021 and my mum's financial situation has changes. She inherited one of his bonds (around £11,000). My mum finances are as follows:

- Step dad's pension
- Interest from her bond (which she receives accumlated every 3 months)
- both her my uncles (her brothers who are living abroad) transfer money every month alternatively. However they use Westren Union for those transfers.

My questions are:
- What would be the best option to use for the financial documents?
- Can we use Westren union transfers' receipts as a proof for my uncle's transfers?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa for my mum

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:06 am

Shahno wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for a visitor visa for my mum. It's not her 1st time visiting the UK (she came twice before). My question is regarding the financial requirement.

Previously, my step dad was my mum's sponsor and we used his bank statements (for the the 1st time in 2014). The second time we used a statement for his bonds (he had around 4) in the bank (for her second visa in 2016).

Now my step dad passed away in 2021 and my mum's financial situation has changes. She inherited one of his bonds (around £11,000). My mum finances are as follows:

- Step dad's pension
- Interest from her bond (which she receives accumlated every 3 months)
- both her my uncles (her brothers who are living abroad) transfer money every month alternatively. However they use Westren Union for those transfers.

My questions are:
- What would be the best option to use for the financial documents? Bank account statements, declaration of source of income, contemporaneous evidence needed connecting her to the incomes
- Can we use Westren union transfers' receipts as a proof for my uncle's transfers? Yes and presume this in some ways end ls up reflecting in her bank account.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thank you

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:17 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Can I ask if the Westren Union transfers doesn't end up in her bank account (my mum is 64 years and spending cash usually is much more convenient for her) would that be a problem?

I just would like to ensure she wouldn't be refused a visa especially that it's not her 1st time visiting the UK. It's just the change of circumstances since my step dad passed away. We will also put my husband as a sponsor for her, in addition to her bank statements which show the pension, the interest she received from her bond and we will put a letter from the bank stating the value of the bond and that she has access to it anytime.

In addition, she owns 2 flats there and we're planning to add both translated copies of the contracts to show that she has ties back in Egypt. My sister will be coming with her but she will fund her own travel expenses as she's working and we will show HR letter as an evidence of ties back there (my sister is not married and lives with my mum)

Would that be sufficient?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:43 am

Shahno wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:17 pm
Thank you so much for your reply. Can I ask if the Westren Union transfers doesn't end up in her bank account (my mum is 64 years and spending cash usually is much more convenient for her) would that be a problem? I can not say with certainty but hopefully wouldn't be a problem as the receipts or transaction evidence will show her blame as recipient

I just would like to ensure she wouldn't be refused a visa especially that it's not her 1st time visiting the UK. It's just the change of circumstances since my step dad passed away. We will also put my husband as a sponsor for her, in addition to her bank statements which show the pension, the interest she received from her bond and we will put a letter from the bank stating the value of the bond and that she has access to it anytime.

In addition, she owns 2 flats there and we're planning to add both translated copies of the contracts to show that she has ties back in Egypt. My sister will be coming with her but she will fund her own travel expenses as she's working and we will show HR letter as an evidence of ties back there (my sister is not married and lives with my mum)

Would that be sufficient? Provide as much as you can evidence of ties to home country.

Thank you