ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR following 5 years spouse visa route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR following 5 years spouse visa route

Post by Neeky » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me please.

First lot of spouse visa
Issued 21-01-2019
Valid until 18-08-2021

Second lot
Issued 10-09-2021
Valid until 02-04-2024

Am I right into thinking I can apply in January 2024 but because of the 28 days rule , I can apply this coming December?

Also, after receiving ILR I can straight away apply for British citizenship as I am married to a British citizen? From my findings, seems you would have to wait a year if not married. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR following 5 years spouse visa route

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:30 pm

Am I right into thinking I can apply in January 2024 but because of the 28 days rule , I can apply this coming December?
What date did you enter the UK on the initial spouse visa? The ILR qualifying period starts from the date the spouse visa holder enters the UK, not the initial visa issue date. None of your previous posts gives any indication of when you entered the UK on your spouse visa.
Also, after receiving ILR I can straight away apply for British citizenship as I am married to a British citizen?
Yes, if the requirements are all met. These questions should be asked in the British Citizenship sub forum please.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:15 am

I did not enter the UK on a spouse visa and unfortunately my 10 year long residency application was unsuccessful due to late application a solicitor put in 2 years after being here. Day 38. Not 28 so 10 days late

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:51 am

Neeky wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me please.

First lot of spouse visa
Issued 21-01-2019
Valid until 18-08-2021

Second lot
Issued 10-09-2021
Valid until 02-04-2024

Am I right into thinking I can apply in January 2024 but because of the 28 days rule , I can apply this coming December? If your initial spouse visa was issued in the UK as your other post denotes, then yeah you can apply this December 24th.

Also, after receiving ILR I can straight away apply for British citizenship as I am married to a British citizen? From my findings, seems you would have to wait a year if not married. Thanks in advance
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!