ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAssport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

PAssport interview

Post by citizen2b » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:00 am

Hi

I recently naturalized as a British citizen. Thanks you all for the support I received .

I've applied for the passport and I'm wondering whether I will have to go through an interview or not . I heard naturalized citizens do not need to go through the interview How true is this ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PAssport interview

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:02 am

Not mandatory anymore. People are only ask to attend an interviewed on rare occasions these days. Even if asked to attend, it is only to confirm your identity if something is unclear etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:22 am

That's good to know . THANKS . I saw a thread with interview questions and answers but I did not realize this thread is from 2011.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:12 am

citizen2b wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:22 am
That's good to know . THANKS . I saw a thread with interview questions and answers but I did not realize this thread is from 2011.
The questions haven't changed much over the years. Had the interview in 2016. As was said they are quite rare these days.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.