ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls Help - Tier 1(General) - Fund Requirement Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruka
Newly Registered

pls Help - Tier 1(General) - Fund Requirement Query

Post by ruka » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:00 am

I am hoping to apply under tier 1 (General).
I am hoping to apply first and thinking of getting the wife and two kids once I am established in the UK.

I have a few questions

1. When I apply for myself, (with the hope of getting my dependents to join me in UK once I am settled) , do I have to
show supporting funds for my dependents as well. Or do I need to show only the main applicant's amount.

2. When We are in the UK on this scheme (during the first three years), are my kids entitled to receive free education in the UK.

I hope some one would clarify these.

Thanks a lot in advance

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 am

I can answer part of your questions.
1. When I apply for myself, (with the hope of getting my dependents to join me in UK once I am settled) , do I have to
show supporting funds for my dependents as well. Or do I need to show only the main applicant's amount.
You can only show funds for yourself, but in your application there is a point where it asks whether any of your dependants are accompanying you later, put NO there, anyway you can get your dependants visas processed later after you get yours without any issues.
- Ramgsk

Markie

Re: pls Help - Tier 1(General) - Fund Requirement Query

Post by Markie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

on Item 2, you can send your kids to school in the UK. You have duty of care to do this for your kids. You can do search for schools where you intend to be located. The Ofsted website would be good starting point as it provides inspection reports of schools.
ruka wrote:I am hoping to apply under tier 1 (General).
I am hoping to apply first and thinking of getting the wife and two kids once I am established in the UK.

I have a few questions

2. When We are in the UK on this scheme (during the first three years), are my kids entitled to receive free education in the UK.

I hope some one would clarify these.

Thanks a lot in advance

ruka
Newly Registered

Post by ruka » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:18 am

Thanks a lot indeed for all your replies.

In my application if I say 'NO' to ' the point where It asks if I my dependents accompany me, Do I have to wait more than a year in the UK to apply for their visa. Or can I do it before that.

Can you please tell me where I can get the guide lines and application for TIER1 general to apply from outside UK. The link provided in the sri lankan site (which is indicated in the home office site ) does not work.

So can some one please help.

Thanks a lot

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:23 am

In my application if I say 'NO' to ' the point where It asks if I my dependents accompany me, Do I have to wait more than a year in the UK
to apply for their visa. Or can I do it before that.
I don't think you would have an issue, indeed I did the same, already applied visa for my wife as my dependant and waiting for the results.
Can you please tell me where I can get the guide lines and application for TIER1 general to apply from outside UK. The link provided in the sri lankan site (which is indicated in the home office site ) does not work
Tier1 Guidance
- Ramgsk

ruka
Newly Registered

Post by ruka » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks ramgsk,

So once you are in the UK, when you apply for your dependents, you need to show supporting fund. For this can you use the same supporting fund you showed for your self provided the balance is maintained.

thanks

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 am

So once you are in the UK, when you apply for your dependents, you need to show supporting fund. For this can you use the same supporting fund you showed for your self provided the balance is maintained.
Yes
- Ramgsk

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:57 pm

ramgsk wrote:
Yes
To apply for dependent Visa, you've show Funds for yourself+ your dependents.