ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My brother visa got refused.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gktssm82
United Kingdom

My brother visa got refused.

Post by gktssm82 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:18 pm

Hi everyone,

My brother applied for UK visit visa from saudi but today he received this email that his visa has been refused.
Please read the letter and Suggest me a possible solution. He has been told that he has no right of appeal.
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-03-13-23-10-15-543_tts.reader.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-13-23-10-15-543_tts.reader.jpg (764.8 KiB) Viewed 1121 times

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: My brother visa got refused.

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:41 am

The CW is satisfied with you and the documents you have provided in support of the invitation to visit you extended to your brother.
Your brother's personal and financial circumstances is also taken into consideration in evaluating if he is a genuine visitor and deciding the application. Applications are refused for the most fickle of reasons.
Address the points raised by the CW e.g. what he writes in the application as monthly expenses should tally with the outgoings from the account per month.
If there are inflows apart from his remunerations he should indicate the origin and what for.
Address the points raised, try see if account balance can be increased and reapply when in good order.

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Post by gktssm82 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:35 am

Thanks for the reply,
Can I apply as soon as I can? And explain where the extra fund and expenses come from?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:27 am

gktssm82 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:35 am
Thanks for the reply,
Can I apply as soon as I can? And explain where the extra fund and expenses come from?
You can apply anytime you want, but you need to know that if your brother doesn't have documentary evidence (paper trail) of extra cash inflow and outflow, he's likely to hit a brick wall again.

Applying for a UK visa is like going to a priest and making confessions, only that this priest is also a veteran police detective. So every word is analysed for anomalies.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:13 pm

gktssm82 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:18 pm
Hi everyone,

My brother ¹applied for UK visit visa from saudi but today he received this email that his visa has been refused.
Please read the letter and Suggest me a possible solution. He has been told that he has no right of appeal.
Very interesting that the case worker has analysed actual expenditure. Just remember applying for a visa is failure. That is what they want. A rejection by any means.

If these "anomalies" are the only reason for rejection reapply immediately with the same information with a cover letter and clearly explain why income was higher than other months and why expenditure was larger. A plethora of reasons why, cultural, purchases, refurbishing home etc. Unfair that we do have to explain everything and seems even a blood sample would be needed soon!

Hope you gain success.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 pm

Sorry, but I personally think that his chances of getting a visa now are very low, he will not be able to overcome this doubt, and that might not be the only reason he was refused, next application they could find something else at fault.

You should wait for a good few months before applying again and make sure his finances have run smoothly for all that time, IMHO.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:44 pm

gktssm82 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:35 am
I would suggest waiting some time before another application, let's say three months, when he can built up a more organised financial statement. I would not be so confident in submitting the same bank statements even with a letter explaining the situation.

I understand that sometimes we can have some unexpected earnings (or expenses), but remember it's important to avoid depositing money just before a visa application. This will be seen as trying to make up the bank statements. Many think that this will help the application and the actual effect is the opposite.
bathanza wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:13 pm
Unfair that we do have to explain everything and seems even a blood sample would be needed soon!
I personally find the visitors visa application for the UK "more straightforward" than for other countries. For example, let's compare with their principal ally, the US. Their visitors visa application is literally a nightmare in comparison, on top of the online submission the applicant needs to go to the embassy for an interview where some feel that the officers sometimes make their decision depending on their mood on that day. No matter how organised your application was, no reasons/explanations are provided when you are rejected, making the process even more frustrating and stressful.

In the UK, at least a detailed reason (or reasons) of the rejection is provided and you will have the opportunity to amend them in any further application. This forum is flooded with posts of rejections based entirely in finances. This is key, when you visit a country they want your money, it's simple. If you don't demonstrate having this money, e.g. showing a healthy financial situation, your chances of getting a permission to visit them are very low. The same applies to the sponsors, having organised finances is crucial. There is no need to have millions in a bank account, it's a matter of organisation.

I understand that financial planning is hard for many, these posts demonstrate this. We normally don't receive financial education in our countries, and even here in the UK. But we need to consider all these caveats and plan accordingly if the intention is making a visa application. When in doubt ask, that's the purpose of this forum.