ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Identity Card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andrew1972

Documents uploaded during UKVCAS appoinment

Post by Andrew1972 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Hi

So it's my wife's appointment tomorrow to have her biometrics taken for her ILR (M)

We have now uploaded all of her documents, but the "submit" button has disappeared, because we are less than 48 hours away from the appointment

Does anyone have experience of what happens during the appointment. Will they be able to see what we've uploaded, and then submit it for her?

The whole process is obviously quite nerve wracking anyway, so she'll feel a bit calmer if she knows what to expect.

Thanks in advance

meself2
Ireland

Re: Documents uploaded during UKVCAS appoinment

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Andrew1972 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:33 pm
Does anyone have experience of what happens during the appointment. Will they be able to see what we've uploaded, and then submit it for her?
Yea, UKVCAS staff will submit it on the appointment afaik.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Andrew1972

Re: Documents uploaded during UKVCAS appoinment

Post by Andrew1972 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:02 pm

Great thank you! :-)

Andrew1972

National Identity Card

Post by Andrew1972 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am

There was a question on the application for ILR (M) asking if my wife has a National Identity Card?

She does (although she always refers to it as an internal passport) so she answered yes, and provided the document number

Do we need to provide a scan of this? It's not in English and not translated. I presume since it's not required to travel to the UK, it's not necessary to include a scan of this this amongst the uploaded documents?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: National Identity Card

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:22 am

Andrew1972 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am
There was a question on the application for ILR (M) asking if my wife has a National Identity Card?

She does (although she always refers to it as an internal passport) so she answered yes, and provided the document number

Do we need to provide a scan of this? It's not in English and not translated. I presume since it's not required to travel to the UK, it's not necessary to include a scan of this this amongst the uploaded documents?
Ideally scan of it shoupd be provided and the translation of any document not in English.
To avoid complication you may want to remove details of the national ID from the form.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: National Identity Card

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:49 pm

Andrew1972 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am

You do not need to answer that question at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice