ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Visa Vignette and BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Post by greenhorntechie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:56 am

Hi,

My son was born in India in 2021. At that time, both my wife and I were on ILR. Hence, we had applied for his Indian passport and subsequently applied for his visa under the category "Non-British child of a parent, parents settled in the UK"

Visa was issued to him and then my wife and son travelled to the UK in June 2022. Recently, while I was checking his BRP and visa, I noticed the following:
  • His Visa Vignette on the Passport has the type as "D - Settlement to join Parent(s)"
  • But his BRP has the type of permit as "PBS Dependent Leave to Enter"
My question is, does that mean he is now under the settlement status and hence can I apply for his naturalisation once he completes 12 months in the UK? Or is the BRP wrong (as its mentioned PBS dependent) and hence needs correction?

Request your expert help on this. Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:31 am

If the visa endorsement also has an ILE observation, then it’s better.
Report their BRP error and let us know how they respond.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Post by greenhorntechie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:01 am

Thanks, Vinny, for the quick response.

Just to be clear, so is the visa vignette having the correct type, while the BRP got it wrong? And hence I need to request a correction in the BRP? Kindly please clarify.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 am

greenhorntechie wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:56 am
  • His Visa Vignette on the Passport has the type as "D - Settlement to join Parent(s)"
Appears correct. But it would have been better for it to include an “ILE” observation.
greenhorntechie wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:56 am
  • But his BRP has the type of permit as "PBS Dependent Leave to Enter"
Wrong!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Post by greenhorntechie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:53 am

Thanks Vinny. In fact, I had reported an error in the BRP in early January. However, I didn't receive any response so far. Hence I posted in this forum to check if there is anything else to be done.

I will report the error once again and see how it goes.

Thanks