ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Invitation Letter Not Arriving

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Home Office Invitation Letter Not Arriving

Post by vtox_g » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:13 pm

Hey,

I received the citizenship approval email from HO on 27th Feb however I have not received any letter inviting me to the ceremony.

I have contacted kent council on this couple of times they confirmed that they have already dispatched the letter.

I am not sure what to do and who to contact about this, Can someone please help me.

Also, can I attend the ceremony in a different council than what I had chosen during the application?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home Office Invitation Letter Not Arriving

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:24 pm

I am not sure what to do and who to contact about this, Can someone please help me.
Ask the council to email to you if they sent it.
Also, can I attend the ceremony in a different council than what I had chosen during the application?
No. In order to do this, you have to request it from UKVI. The current council then has to return the certificate to UKVI, who will then send it out at some point to the council you opt for. The process can take many weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:24 pm
No. In order to do this, you have to request it from UKVI. The current council then has to return the certificate to UKVI, who will then send it out at some point to the council you opt for. The process can take many weeks.

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Council have confirmed saying that they have sent the letter but I have not received it. They have confirmed over the email.

Can I visit the council and collect it from there? do you think they will entertain me there?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:59 am

vtox_g wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:24 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Council have confirmed saying that they have sent the letter but I have not received it. They have confirmed over the email.

Can I visit the council and collect it from there? do you think they will entertain me there? That's a question for your council to answer. I see no reason why you can't try.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!