ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When and how can I send additional documents?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kotiara

When and how can I send additional documents?

Post by Kotiara » Fri May 27, 2005 4:27 am

I sent my HSMP application three days ago. Now I want to send an additional reference letter from my employer and ask HO to use it instead of another letter I included with my original application. HO haven’t received my application yet. I am applying from outside of the UK.

Questions:

1. When is the best time to send my additional document? ASAP? When they receive my application? When they issue a reference number? BTW, how will they communicate the reference number to me? I didn’t give them my fax number in the application (well, I don’t have one). Will they send me an email?

2. I understand that I have to write a cover note asking them to use the new evidence. Is there anything specific this letter should contain? What is the best way to write this letter?

3. Where exactly should I send the document? To the same PO box where I sent my application?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Fri May 27, 2005 4:43 am

Just a little update: my original application has just been delivered, according to Fedex online package tracking information.

Still waiting for your comments.

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Fri May 27, 2005 7:35 am

Dear Kotiara,

You probably should wait till you get your reference number and then send them your additional documents stating in covering letter that you would like these to be LINKED TO YOUR FILE, given them you personal details along with your ref number. This way they would be able to identify your application and add extra docs you would send.

About the address, no you shouldn't use the same address. Instead you better send them to the address below:

HSMP Team, Work Permits (UK)
Home Office
Via: Foundry House
3 Millsands
Riverside Exchange
Sheffield
S3 8NH

This is what I would do if I were you... I did it myself a month ago, but my application was in the waiting list for a very long period, so I had time to collect more strong evidences...

This topic has been discussed many times on this forum, so you could search through the posts to get more information about sending additional documents.

All the best