ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

When to apply for naturalisation

Post by clicosean » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:39 am

Hi all,

I'm applying for naturalisation so I have a question to ask regarding my 5 years. I already submitted my application (19/3/2023), haven't booked the appointment but my 5 year will be traced back to 20/03/2018. My question is: Does it count on the day of submitting the actual paperworks or it counts from the time I pay for the application?

If it's the former, could I cancel the application and resubmit?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: When to apply for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:20 am

You don't submit "paperwotk", you submit application AND pay online together, that's the date of application.
After that you upload documents and have your biometrics appointment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:29 am

So there's this example from HO:

If the Home Office receives your application on 20 June 2022, but you left the UK on 10 June 2017 and returned to the UK on 25 June 2017, you will not qualify. You'll need to wait until 24 June 2022 to apply

Does this imply that it's OK for me to apply on 19/3/2023 when I returned to the UK on 20/3/2018?

nickp
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by nickp » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:04 am

Most probably, this is OK even if it breaks the rule. In the form you submitted, there was a clause that the HO could accept your application a few days later to be sure you meet the condition. But no guaranttee, of course.