ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHEN TO TAKE THE LIFE IN THE UK TEST EU/ILR ROUTE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seekingadvice87

WHEN TO TAKE THE LIFE IN THE UK TEST EU/ILR ROUTE

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:36 pm

Hi

1. When is the time to sit the life in the UK test if one is on the EU route? Is it when they have the pre-settled status and they are about to apply for the settled status or is it after they have applied for the settled status.

2. For the non-EU ILR route. Do you sit the test before you apply for ILR or after you've applied for ILR?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: WHEN TO TAKE THE LIFE IN THE UK TEST EU/ILR ROUTE

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:22 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:36 pm
Hi

1. When is the time to sit the life in the UK test if one is on the EU route? Is it when they have the pre-settled status and they are about to apply for the settled status or is it after they have applied for the settled status. You don't need LITUK for EU Settled Status, but you will need it for naturalisation. You can take it anytime, it doesn't expire.

2. For the non-EU ILR route. Do you sit the test before you apply for ILR or after you've applied for ILR? Any required test has to be taken (and passed!) before you make any application.

Thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:24 pm

Hi and thank you for answering my first question.

For my second question, I was asking specifically for just the life in the uk test if you're under the UK route. Does one need to apply for life in the UK test before or after applying for ILR? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:24 pm

For my second question, I was asking specifically for just the life in the uk test if you're under the UK route. Does one need to apply for life in the UK test before or after applying for ILR? Thanks
BEFORE applying for ILR under a UK visa route as has already been answered!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:28 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:

They have to pass the test before they're eligible for ILR. No test passed - cannot apply.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 pm
seekingadvice87 wrote:

BEFORE applying for ILR under a UK visa route as has already been answered!!
I'm sorry but you don't need to be rude to respond. Not everyone understands the process but thank you any way.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:38 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:28 pm
seekingadvice87 wrote:

They have to pass the test before they're eligible for ILR. No test passed - cannot apply.

Thank you for your kind response. I appreciate it.