ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stay Requirement for Visitor Visa Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stay Requirement for Visitor Visa Application

Post by sorrels_mo » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:36 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding the duration of stay requirement for a visitor visa.

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my parents, and I intend to demonstrate that they will be staying with us during their visit. However, I am concerned that our small 2-bedroom house, which already accommodates two young children, may be considered overcrowded by the visa office. Will this potentially result in a rejection of their visa application?

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Stay Requirement for Visitor Visa Application

Post by Ticktack » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:30 pm

sorrels_mo wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:36 pm
Hi,

I have a question regarding the duration of stay requirement for a visitor visa.

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my parents, and I intend to demonstrate that they will be staying with us during their visit. However, I am concerned that our small 2-bedroom house, which already accommodates two young children, may be considered overcrowded by the visa office. Will this potentially result in a rejection of their visa application?

Thanks
That has no negative effect on their application. The application form has no questions about suitability of accommodation or how many rooms in house they'd be residing in.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:00 am

Thanks

Can you please provide me with guidance on what documents I should submit with visa application to demonstrate to the visa officer that they have plans to return to my home country after the visa expires?

They will not overstay or burden the health care system or anything.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:07 am

sorrels_mo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:00 am
Thanks

Can you please provide me with guidance on what documents I should submit with visa application to demonstrate to the visa officer that they have plans to return to my home country after the visa expires?

They will not overstay or burden the health care system or anything.
You must be able to show that:

you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home
There are really no exact documents. You just need documents that can prove that they are ok and self sustaining and would go back.
Like work, bank accounts, availability of funds for the proposed trip and a good reason why they can't stay away from their home for too long. Family life.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:02 pm

A while ago, my mother's application was denied because she had stayed longer than what was stated in her application. This was because she supported us during the birth of our first child about 10 years ago. If I were to submit a new application, would it be rejected based on her previous application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:40 am

sorrels_mo wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:02 pm
A while ago, my mother's application was denied because she had stayed longer than what was stated in her application. Did she leave UK before expiry of that visit visa or she overstayed the visa? This was because she supported us during the birth of our first child about 10 years ago. If I were to submit a new application, would it be rejected based on her previous application?

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:56 am

Yes she did left before the visa expired. She wasn’t use any public fund or used the NHS services.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am

sorrels_mo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:56 am
Yes she did left before the visa expired. She wasn’t use any public fund or used the NHS services.
Plans do change and she was still within her visa validity; that was quite an harsh decision to refuse her.
It's said that application are treated on merit. A new application and stating reason for previous refusal while you emphatically state that she didn't overstay nor use public funds should be alright. Do make sure that everyother requirements are met and above board.