ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Students sponsorship for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Students sponsorship for parents

Post by Shreakh » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 pm

If my student visa is less than 6 months (expiring in 4 months), can I sponsor my parents to visit UK?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Students sponsorship for parents

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:35 pm

Shreakh wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 pm
If my student visa is less than 6 months (expiring in 4 months), can I sponsor my parents to visit UK?
There is no sponsorship on visit visa route, you can invite.
In your particular case , you can invite them though note that they need to show good ties to home country and that they will return after their visit.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:21 am

Shreakh wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 pm
Just recently you were on a Skilled Worker visa for a careworker job. So you are now on a Student visa?

uk-skilled-worker-visas/care-worker-dep ... l#p2098565
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:54 am

That question regarding the skilled worker job is not for me, I asked it on behalf of my brother in low.

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 am

@AmazonianX
Yes, in fact my mother visited UK and went back a few days ago. As you said I invited her and also I mentioned in the letter that I provide the accomodation for her during her stay in the UK (by submitting the tenancy agreement of our two bed flat) . The visa was successful. Now I want her to come back again, but my visa is expiring in end of August, though I know I have the option to extend by applying for PSW.

If I invite her right now, will my current visa remaining less than 6 months be a problem because when the HO grants the visit visa, they usually grant it for 6 months.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:16 am

Shreakh wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 am
If I invite her right now, will my current visa remaining less than 6 months be a problem because when the HO grants the visit visa, they usually grant it for 6 months.
But presumably she is coming to visit for a lot less than 6 months?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:54 am

Yes definitely, I'd mention that she'll stay here only for 2, to 3 weeks, but she'll stay longer. That's how I did last time as well, but she stayed here about 5 months.

And also do you think staying here longer than mentioned in the application also could possibly be a problem though she leaves before her visa expires?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:56 am

Shreakh wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 am
@AmazonianX
Yes, in fact my mother visited UK and went back a few days ago. As you said I invited her and also I mentioned in the letter that I provide the accomodation for her during her stay in the UK (by submitting the tenancy agreement of our two bed flat) . The visa was successful. Now I want her to come back again, but my visa is expiring in end of August, though I know I have the option to extend by applying for PSW.

If I invite her right now, will my current visa remaining less than 6 months be a problem because when the HO grants the visit visa, they usually grant it for 6 months. That's the minimum visa issued.
You can invite her whilst you still have a valid visa to show your immigration status. She needs to continue showing that her interest back home are more important to her.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:59 am

Shreakh wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:54 am
Yes definitely, I'd mention that she'll stay here only for 2, to 3 weeks, but she'll stay longer. That's how I did last time as well, but she stayed here about 5 months.

And also do you think staying here longer than mentioned in the application also could possibly be a problem though she leaves before her visa expires?
Yes, of course. It is clear deception. Having already used deception in the previous application, the damage may already be done.

See the Visit guidance for caseworkers, page 20:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-guidance

The following factors will help you assess if an applicant is a genuine visitor:
• their previous immigration history, including visits to the UK and other countries
• the duration of previous visits and whether this was significantly longer than they originally stated on their visa application or on arrival - if this is the case, you should not automatically presume that the visitor is not genuine, but this may be a reason to question the applicant’s overall intentions

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:34 am

Shreakh wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:54 am
Yes definitely, I'd mention that she'll stay here only for 2, to 3 weeks, but she'll stay longer. That's how I did last time as well, but she stayed here about 5 months. While it is agreed plans could change, staying significantly longer than stated may pose a problem. HO knows all the tricks in the book

A genuine visitor should not be staying longer in the UK than in home country. If you are applying after she just returned from a 6months stay can be construed as trying to reside in the UK under the guise of visit visa.
Getting the visa does not mean this can not be detected at PoE.