ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Letter from employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General into ILR visa application Set O form

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:10 am

Hello,

I am planning to apply for ILR in UK soon but I am confused about some question while filling the form. The following is my history of UK status.

Sep 2014 -- Tier 4 (Student Visa)
Dec 2017 -- Tier 2 General
Nov 2020 -- Tier 2 General

I know that I can apply for ILR by combining Tier 2 from 2017 and 2020 and it has been 5 years.

1) In the application it ask me "When did you first enter the UK?"
I first entered UK in 2014 but I can't use tier 4 visa for ILR so do I enter 2014 or the issue date for Tier 2 in 2017 cause I never left UK since I came back in 2014. and then the next question is "Add an leave outside of UK since first entered" this question made me think it would be the issue date of tier 2.

2) do I need to write a detail explanation of why I left UK during my holidays under tier 2. like I have gone back home few times to see family and sometime gone Europe to visit. It asks "What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?" I don't know what to write there other than went to see family. I will provide a document from my employer that it was my holiday and went to see family.

3) Also my first Tier 2 (2014) visa BRP card. I don't have it since when I extended my visa in 2020 they sent a letter saying that I should return any expired BRP card to Home office which I posted back. Now I don't have that and I'm hoping that's not a problem.

Thanks for in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General into ILR visa application Set O form

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:38 am

1. That is not an important question. It has no effect on your decision
2. No, they do not need your explanation
3. Old BRPs are not needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General into ILR visa application Set O form

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:56 pm

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking the same but was unsure.

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

ILR Letter from employer

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:24 pm

Hello,

I am planning to apply for ILR in UK soon but I am confused about a question while filling the form.

I have left UK in 5 year for few days generally for holidays. In which it was mostly visiting or meeting family. For this do i need an absence letter. Another thing is when i said "yes" to absence in the application it asks "Evidence of your absence from the UK and Crown Dependencies". in which the most reasonable answer looks like "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies". But since i haven't had any work-related absence outside the uk i dont know if i need a letter. And if i do what does it need to say?

Thanks for in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR Letter from employer

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:13 pm

Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Letter from employer

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:09 pm

An employer letter is enough. You do not need to provide any reasons for your absences
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice