ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Query on Consent form for Dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashish
India

Query on ILR

Post by kashish » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:58 am

"My husband, who is currently a Tier 2 skilled worker, and my son are applying for ILR via the 5-year route.
I have recently received British citizenship, although I am still waiting for my passport as I submitted the application a month ago.
Although I got married 10 years ago, I never changed my last name.
While applying for a British passport, I opted to change my last name to my husband's last name and provided a marriage certificate from India. There has been some back and forth, as they requested an un-laminated marriage certificate, which I provided by requesting another copy from India.
However, it is taking time. My husband has not yet submitted his application as he is unsure whether to put my existing last name or the updated one on our son's application (assuming the passport office accepts my marriage certificate as proof to change my name).
If he puts my existing last name and my passport comes through with an updated last name after submission, will it become an issue for this ILR application?
He has been holding off on submitting the application for the past week, and as the Home Office usually increases the price on 1st April, we are wondering if we should not wait any longer and submit it with my existing last name. What do you suggest?"

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query on ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:03 am

First of all, you are not part of that application. Secondly, in the UK a married person can legally choose to use their married name anytime they wish without any barriers or even a deed poll. So there is nothing to be worried about here
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was married in India, hence certificate is from india and marriage is mot registered in Uk. My name is required as part of my sons application. Iam guessing reason is to check that status of both parents is at-least settled or more to check dependents eligibility for ILR. That is the reason we are confused whether to mention my existing last name or not and if that gets approved after my husband submits application will it cause any confusion.
We are inclining towards submitting application using my existing name, thinking it should be on home office records anyway?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:05 pm

The fact that you married outside the UK is irrelevant. You may use your married name in the UK in any legal context as long as you provide a marriage certificate (UK or not) You are overthinking this whole thing as this does not have any effect on their application whatsoever
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kashish
India

ILR- Query on Consent form for Dependent child

Post by kashish » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:54 am

My husband, currently a Tier 2 skilled worker, and my son (6yrs old) are applying for ILR via the 5-year route (son is added as a dependent on his application).
I recently received British citizenship, although I am still waiting for my passport and submitted the application 1.5 months ago.

My husband has submitted his application and the next steps is to upload documents before going for biometrics. Questions he has is
1. For the consent form does he only need to sign Part 1(Consent for the home office to verify application information) and that’s it?
2. Does my 6-year-old need to sign as well? I am assuming No
3. Do I (as his mother) need to sign the consent form part 2 or 3? We have this question because he put my name in my son's application along with his name when the form asked “Who is responsible for your upbringing”. Hence the confusion.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR- Query on Consent form for Dependent child

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:47 am

kashish wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:54 am
My husband, currently a Tier 2 skilled worker, and my son (6yrs old) are applying for ILR via the 5-year route (son is added as a dependent on his application).
I recently received British citizenship, although I am still waiting for my passport and submitted the application 1.5 months ago.

My husband has submitted his application and the next steps is to upload documents before going for biometrics. Questions he has is
1. For the consent form does he only need to sign Part 1(Consent for the home office to verify application information) and that’s it?
2. Does my 6-year-old need to sign as well? I am assuming No
3. Do I (as his mother) need to sign the consent form part 2 or 3? We have this question because he put my name in my son's application along with his name when the form asked “Who is responsible for your upbringing”. Hence the confusion.

Thanks
Sign Part 1, you sign Part 2. For the child, it's a generic form not distinguishing age, a parent is also applying anyway so only Part 1 and 2 sign