ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Spouse Visa application outside Uk (india)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

First British Spouse Visa application outside Uk (india)

Post by Evicra » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:15 am

Hi all. Feeling great to be here again.
i am helping my friend in applying for spouse visa who's spouse is in India. i would request for help here as i am out of the toch of any new requirements if they are in place.
1. my friend :D BC (British Citizen) got married in uk with and has a daughter
2. then they separated and got official divorce.
3. he went to India and got married.
4. now he plans to get his wife from India to UK
5. his wife did BTech .

is Btech enough for Knowledge of English or she has to take test for Knowledge of English

any advice most welcome.
thank you all

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: First British Spouse Visa application outside Uk (india)

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:01 pm

Evicra wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:15 am
Hi all. Feeling great to be here again.
i am helping my friend in applying for spouse visa who's spouse is in India. i would request for help here as i am out of the toch of any new requirements if they are in place.
1. my friend :D BC (British Citizen) got married in uk with and has a daughter
2. then they separated and got official divorce.
3. he went to India and got married.
4. now he plans to get his wife from India to UK
5. his wife did BTech .

is Btech enough for Knowledge of English or she has to take test for Knowledge of English She needs to take English test, requirement for initial spouse visa is A1, preferably get B1 so it can possibly be used till getting British citizenship

any advice most welcome.
thank you all

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:52 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:01 pm
thankyou.
[/quote]

My friend is getting paid from his own company.is there any special requirements in terms of documents to show for his spouse visa thanks

Chaandane
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chaandane » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:29 pm

Hi
I am currently in the same situion myself, I'll soon be applying to bring my husband. My husband had to apply for a certificate that shows his English knowledge, using his degree, which means she wouldn't have to take a test. We were advised to look at www.ecctis.com website. Please do visit the website, they have information on it. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:28 am

Chaandane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:29 pm
Hi
I am currently in the same situion myself, I'll soon be applying to bring my husband. My husband had to apply for a certificate that shows his English knowledge, using his degree, which means she wouldn't have to take a test. We were advised to look at www.ecctis.com website. Please do visit the website, they have information on it. Hope this helps. Good luck.
a BTEC qualification is not equivalent to a degree and therefore would not be acceptable as evidence for English Language

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:12 am

Evicra wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:52 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:01 pm
thankyou.

My friend is getting paid from his own company.is there any special requirements in terms of documents to show for his spouse visa thanks
[/quote]

Is your friend a sole trader or director of a ltd company? There are many rules and requirements which cover the required financial evidence for people who get money from their own company.

What kind of company is it, is it in the UK, what is your friend's relationship to the company (owner, shareholder, director, sole-trader)

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:52 am

If the University or college provide a letter that the degree was taught in English then no english test is needed. Also you will be required statement of comparability that her degree in India is equvi to the degree here..
also have you applied for VISA ? any idea how much time it would take?