ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lesser visa end date for Skilled worker Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spalai89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Lesser visa end date for Skilled worker Dependant

Post by spalai89 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:38 am

Hello experts,

Please help me making a decision.

Both my wife and I are on Skilled worker visa with date ending on 28th March 2026 and 1st Aug 2026 respectively. Now we submitted our son (born in the UK) visa application as a dependant for me (not my wife), thinking he would still have visa when my wife applies for ILR at the end of her 5 years visa period.

However, now we received son's visa with end date as 28th March 2026. I am not sure if this is a fair decision since we had to pay more than 3 years visa fee while raising it.

Could you please suggest if the decision is fair or Should I go for an administrative review?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suvendu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lesser visa end date for Skilled worker Dependant

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:31 am

That is correct. The immigration rules state that a child will only get a visa with an expiry date of the parents who has shorter or earlier expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spalai89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spalai89 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:03 pm

Thanks for clarifying. :)

That has saved us some time and money. We were really confused on this decision.
If possible, not urgent though (since it is clear now)please share the immigration rules link. Just for a reference.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:27 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... led-worker
SW 36.2. A child will be granted permission which ends on the same date as whichever of their parents’ permission ends first, unless both parents have (or are being granted) settlement or British Citizenship, in which case the child will be granted permission for 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.