ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension und JR - Police registration enquiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vbellino

HSMP Extension und JR - Police registration enquiry

Post by vbellino » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:42 am

Hi All,

I am a from a nationality which requires police registration when entering the UK with a visa issue for longer than 6 months, such as my HSMP EC. When I first entered the UK, although I was coming to attend an interview only and was here for just one working day, my HSMP EC got stamped and I was asked to register to the police within 7 days.

I did go to the Overseas Visitors Records Office in London during my whole day interview lunch break, but the queue was too long and not to miss the afternoon part of my interview I explained the situation to an officer who gave me a slip and told me with that I would be able to register when I was back here for good, which I did without any issue 3 weeks later.

My question is, as I need to provide the police registration as part of the requirements to my HSMP Extension under Judicial Review and the date in the police registration is more than 7 days from the date stamped in my HSMP EC, does any one in a similiar situation can advise me whether is relevant to explain all this in a cover letter to the case worker or not?

Many thanks!

V

PS: The initial slip was kept by the police when I registered, but I have a second stamp in my passport when I entered the UK for settlement.