ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of English when switching employers on SWV

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fullmoenty
India

Knowledge of English when switching employers on SWV

Post by fullmoenty » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Currently on a SWV and planning to switch employers. I've been on my current visa for 4 years. When I came in 2019, I proved by knowledge of English through IELTS. When I extended (with the same employer) last year in 2022, I could prove my knowledge on the basis of the fact that I had already provided evidence during my initial visa (2019). Considering now I am switching employers while still on a SWV, can I prove my knowledge of English on the basis that I had proved it on a previous visa, or I will have go through ECCTIS or probably sit an exam? Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Knowledge of English when switching employers on SWV

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:00 am

fullmoenty wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:15 pm
Currently on a SWV and planning to switch employers. I've been on my current visa for 4 years. When I came in 2019, I proved by knowledge of English through IELTS. When I extended (with the same employer) last year in 2022, I could prove my knowledge on the basis of the fact that I had already provided evidence during my initial visa (2019). Considering now I am switching employers while still on a SWV, can I prove my knowledge of English on the basis that I had proved it on a previous visa, or I will have go through ECCTIS or probably sit an exam? Thanks in advance.
You have proved it before successfully, use same evidence as you did before.

vinny

Re: Knowledge of English when switching employers on SWV

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:44 am

Points for the English language requirement (mandatory)
SW 7.1. An applicant must show English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of at least level B1 (intermediate).

SW 7.2. The applicant must show they meet the English language requirement as specified in Appendix English Language.

SW 7.3. If the requirements in SW 7.1. to SW 7.2. are met, the applicant will be awarded 10 mandatory points for meeting the English language requirement.
Where
Met in a previous application
EL 3.1. An applicant will meet the English language requirement if they have already shown they met the requirement, at the level required for their current application, in a previous successful application for entry clearance or permission to stay
satisfies
How the requirement is met
EL 2.1. The English language requirement is met if any of the requirements in EL 3 to EL 6 are met.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.