ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application - more than 7 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sid82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship application - more than 7 months

Post by Sid82 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:47 pm

Mitonman2022 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:58 pm
Sid82 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:46 am
Hello,

Can I just ask what date did you submit your SAR request? Thank you in advance.
I submitted request on 07/02/2023 and got a response back on 07/03/2023. Precisely on 20th working day of the request. I think legally they are obliged to respond to each request within 20 working day.
Thank you for your response. I have been reading all of your posts during your citizenship journey. I'm so happy that it all worked out for you. Best wishes

Solo4Life
European Union

Post by Solo4Life » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:55 pm

I wouldnt say it is particularly rare tbh. I looked at latest HO release about application response time (you can find it on their website). Nearly a quarter of naturalisation applications were classified as non-straightforward which means they took more than 6 months. However, you can contact UKVI for an update there's no harm in that.

elpidiovaldez5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by elpidiovaldez5 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:54 pm

My partner has been accepted for BN after 13 months 17 days. She now has to wait 4-5 months for the certificate to be signed ! Then get a Citizenship Ceremony, and then order a passport. We might be able to do a family trip by the middle of next year.