ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permitted family member residency

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

griffith2
Ireland

Permitted family member residency

Post by griffith2 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:45 pm

HI everyone,
Qualifying family members are the ones who can prove relationship to the EU citizen.
Direct members are spouse and children
and than ascendants and descendants are parents and brothers and sisters.

In Ireland EU1A form is for those who wish to apply permanent residency on the basis of relationship to an EU citizen Directive 38/2004/EC. I personally know many who have secured permenant resiedency on the basis of their brothers (EU citizen) exercising their treaty rights in Ireland.

Here is my question,
I am in the process of getting Irish citizenship.
If i move to another member state and start exercising treaty rights (Work), i know that i cannot directly sponsor my non eu brother to join myself in an EU member state, if he travels to the same country on foot of student permission or tourist, will he be able apply for permanent residency on the basis of his brother (myself) being an EU citizen exercising their treaty rights in lets say Germany or Portugal ?

Thankyou for reading my post and please advice.